User Experience Manager
locations: United States of America – Remote
time type: Full time
job requisition id: JR – 072781
This is where you save and sustain lives
At Baxter, we are deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter, your work makes a positive impact on people around the world. You’ll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients.
Baxter’s products and therapies are found in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have pioneered significant medical innovations that transform healthcare.
Together, we create a place where we are happy, successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your best work.
Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining lives— where your purpose accelerates our mission.
- Provides thought leadership to advance the team’s capabilities in UX Design and UX Research
- Has a keen eye for visual design and works with the team to develop and maintain signature aesthetics, standards, and brand integrity
- Is a champion for contextual inquiry, voice of customer, and other formative user / usability research and assists the team with the planning and execution of those activities
- Works closely with product teams to understand and define the user needs for new products / projects and ensures those are successfully translated into product designs that fulfill the vision for both the business and the end-user
- Leads design reviews to ensure designs are cohesive across product lines, consistent with brand standards, aligned with user needs, and optimized for usability
- Works closely with development teams to help assess proposed solutions for potential user errors and patient risk
- Directly supervises a number of individual contributors – project assignment, performance management, compensation, mentoring, new talent acquisition, onboarding, etc.
- Interacts daily with team members to ensure they are aligned with project goals, milestones are met, and the proper process is executed
- Partners with internal and external Industrial Design teams when projects involve both hardware and software to ensure a harmonious experience
- 2+ years experience in a position with direct people management or significant lead responsibilities
- 8+ years experience in a UX Design, UX Research, or Human Factors type role
- BS or BA Degree in a relevant discipline
- Expert level proficiency in either UX Design or UX Research; familiarity with the other discipline
- Skilled in the mentoring and development of teams with a focus on participatory leadership
- Experience balancing product, development, and user-centered goals to help shape overall product strategy
- Experience working on a product from inception to delivery
- Effectiveness in working across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal, and analytical skills; the ability to communicate complex interaction concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization
- Has a strong passion for quality and a high level of attention to detail
- Experience in a healthcare or medical device industry
- Experience working with a diverse portfolio of products with different form factors and environments including embedded systems, web, and mobile
- Experience designing user workflows that involve a mix of products, some with graphical UIs and some without
The successful candidate for this job may be required to verify that he or she has been vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.