UX researcher- Digital Platforms
(Seattle OR Remote) (Job Number: 220025900)
US-WA-Seattle-Starbucks Support Center
Is this role eligible for remote or hybrid work? Yes-Remote
Starbucks – Project/Product/Program Management
Job Summary and Mission:
The UX Researcher champions the needs and goals of customers and baristas across various Starbucks digital platforms including web, mobile and POS. Employing a variety of research methodologies, the UX Researcher brings the user to life in the design and development process and leverages methodologies to study user behavior on digital platforms. Using strong collaboration skills, the UX Researcher influences outcomes and proposes well-informed directions for design.
This role works cross-functionally with Customers, Baristas, Designers, Product Managers, and Business Stakeholders to deliver improvements and innovations for Starbucks digital products.
Digital Products at Starbucks
Every morning, tens of millions of people enjoy drinks and food at Starbucks. Our digital products are transforming our customer and barista experiences in big ways. The quality of this experience in a digital context depends on great UX design and research and the opportunity to innovate at a truly global scale is huge.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the design team to plan and organize user research such as customer interviews, card sorts, and usability studies, including both remote and in-person studies.
- Dive deep in both qualitative and quantitative data to bring forward new insights that generate product innovations.
- Work with Product Managers and Stakeholders to understand and incorporate business requirements into the research.
- Work with our analytics and customer insights team to understand market trends and behavioral data.
- Interpret and communicate results and opportunities in clear, concise, and compelling ways across different audiences and senior levels of leadership.
- Educate and evangelize the role of UX research across the organization.
- 3+ years of experience as a UX/Design researcher
- Portfolio of relevant work samples performing both generative and evaluative research on digital products in a software development environment
- Experience with all aspects of the user research lifecycle (study design, recruiting, moderation, analysis, reporting, and communicating) and the digital product development lifecycle.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Applied experience with contextual interviews, focus group interviews, usability testing, remote testing, card sorts, tree tests, in-person testing, and survey design.
- Experience of identifying various stakeholders’ needs and problems and communicating research plans, findings and insights over the course of projects
- Bachelor’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science or relevant subjects
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- Knowledge of a wide range of UX research methods and techniques (e.g. lab studies, field studies, surveys/questionnaires, UX inspection methods, participatory design, and statistical analysis)
- An ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in a changing environment
- A healthy mix of expertise in qualitative and quantitative methodologies
- Passion for making a positive impact on customers lives through your work
- Solution-oriented approach to problem solving when engaging with team members, designers, product managers engineers and business stakeholders
- Master’s degree in HCI, Human Factors, Cognitive Psychology, Cognitive Science, or UX/Interaction Design & Research preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.