VP of FP&A
Location: Remote, US
Our goal is an ambitious one: improve the health and wellbeing of all children. We do this by empowering schools and clinicians who serve children with software and virtual therapies. These therapies include (but are not limited to): mental & behavioral health, occupational therapy, and speech pathology.
Founded in 2009, Presence is the nation’s leading provider of these services. We have 250+ corporate employees and 2,000+ clinicians. We are a mission-driven organization backed by Spectrum Equity, TPG’s The Rise Fund, Bain Capital’s Double Impact Fund and Catalyst Investors.
We are a remote-first workforce with headquarters in NYC, serving schools nationwide.
Come join us and help us improve the health and wellbeing of children!
We are looking for an experienced ambitious, highly analytical VP of FP&A to lead and manage our FP&A team. This role will lead company-wide processes including annual operating plan and long-range planning, as well as oversee the monthly forecasting process. This individual will work directly with leaders of all functional teams to assist in reporting, forecasting and analyzing financial and operational results, as well as conducting analyses to support better business decisions.
What will you do at Presence?
- Partner with business leaders to support development and preparation of long-term financial models and leading development of the appropriate models to improve business planning, and other analysis to drive new initiatives
- Analyze recent performance and trends including monitoring and developing relevant key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure and monitor returns
- Lead and participate in cross-functional initiatives to ensure alignment across the business and create strong partnerships with business leaders in functional groups to provide advice regarding financial implications of business activities and make recommendations to strategically enhance business performance
- Identify and implement financial planning and analysis initiatives to simplify the process and facilitate scale as the business achieves growth
- Organize and evaluate quantitative data to identify and explain trends, problems, and root causes
- Provide a framework to support new product and/or strategic initiatives evaluation
- Participates in the development of the annual and long-range plans, including participation in the design of the annual planning framework, helping to lead the business and financial plan development, strengthen the business forecasting, reviewing and participating in setting company objectives and action items for revenues and expenses
- Participate in merger and acquisition activities, including modeling and due diligence
- Identify information gaps and bridge gaps through process design, and re-engineering as it relates to reporting and forecasting
- Facilitate the development of the management reporting framework to support the growth of the company and its strategic and operational segments, including the design of new reports to provide innovative information to manage the business more effectively
- Develop and maintain financials models with sensitivity analyses around internal and external factors ensuring they support overall business objectives
- Prepare executive level presentations and communications with logical reasoning and data support
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required, MBA or equivalent experience preferred
- Increasing experience consistent with in-depth business knowledge; finance and reporting experience (10+ years)
- PE experience or experience working in a PE-backed company
- Advanced knowledge of the analysis and reporting of financial data
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Build and establish constructive and cooperative working relationships and open lines of communication
- Manage data to be accurate, timely and accessible
- Collaborate with people at different levels within the organization to accomplish a common goal; escalate issues when necessary
- High degree of financial acumen and awareness of financial responsibility
- Communicate information in a clear, well-organized, and professional manner
- High attention to detail
- Motivational, inspirational and enthusiastic approach to team leading and management
- Utilize insightful judgment and subject matter expertise to make sound decisions
- Creativity and alternative, open thinking to generate and support new or better ways of doing things
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Adaptive Insights (Workday Adaptive Planning) required
- Proficiency in Intacct is preferred
Where is this position located?
Presence is headquartered in New York City with our clients located throughout the U.S. We support remote work from all locations, provided that the candidate can travel as needed for internal and external meetings.