Video and Motion Graphic Designer
Tuff is a 35-person growth marketing agency that partners closely with startups and scale-ups to help them increase revenue and sales. We specialize in tactics like Google Ads, SEO, Social Ads, and CRO. Our bread and butter is building efficient, holistic marketing strategies and we do this with our team, process, and style.
We’re looking for a video creator with a knack for developing effective, grabby 15-30 second video assets for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and leading ad platforms. If you have a proven track record of making diverse video creative for a range of clients in the startup space and beyond, we’re looking for you!
Our quickly-growing ad creative team is searching for a third video and motion graphic designer to join the Tuff team. In this position, you’ll be responsible for working closely with Tuff’s in-house creative team to develop video performance creative for numerous ad platforms. We currently have a 7-person creative team and two other video and motion graphic designers (Jaclyn and Travis!)
- Collaborate closely with a creative strategist and graphic designer to bring ad creative suites to life that support paid campaigns
- Develop effective, grabby 15-30 second video assets for YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and more
- Edit existing client-owned assets for paid campaigns
- Develop UGC style and animated videos
- Report on and manage client expectations for video assets and deliverables
- Work closely with Elle, Adam, Max, and the creative team to develop performance ad creative for numerous ad platforms
- Participate in bi-weekly team calls to refine and improve the ad creative process
Within 1 month, you’ll…
- Shadow Adam, Elle, Jaclyn and Travis on three existing Tuff clients to learn more about Tuff’s growth marketing process and the way the creative team works as a well-oiled machine to support each of our other service teams.
- Review our existing creative process (for paid ads across all channels) and identify ways to improve
- Take over as the motion design lead on at least two client accounts
Within 3 months, you’ll…
- Manage ad creative motion design for three to four Tuff clients.
- Review and collaborate with the internal Tuff team on Tuff’s visual identity and creative asset needs
- Adopt (and build upon) our creative process
Within 6 months, you’ll…
- Manage ad creative motion design for five to seven clients, meeting with them bi-weekly with the growth marketer on the account
- Make process improvements to Tuff’s client onboarding flow as it relates to our ad creative service
- Manage execution and keep up on impact results for each of your accounts
Things can change quickly at Tuff. This breakdown isn’t prescriptive but intended to give you a better sense of the role.
- You have 4+ years of professional experience working in After Effects and the Adobe Suite (Figma experience is a plus).
- You’re an amazing brand steward of a fully-baked brand book. But you don’t shy away from a design task that calls you to breathe life into a bare-bones brand.
- You have an inclusive, hands-on client management style with proven experience clearly communicating and defending your creative decisions.
- You have a learning mindset. You are committed to getting better every day.
- You have a bias toward action and are both efficient and adaptable.
- You are a driver, focused on making an impact on the organization and clients every day.
- You have demonstrated success making impactful creative for social ad platforms.
We are a passionate team of 35 distributed across the U.S.
You’ll work closely with the whole team. In particular with Adam, Elle, Adelle, and Megan to get up to speed on current clients and iterate on the ad creative design process at Tuff.
- Fully remote – work from anywhere you want
- A company laptop with software you need to do your best work
- Comprehensive health, vision, and dental coverage
- 401(k) with matching
- Unlimited PTO policy – and we encourage you to take it!
- Parental Leave – 100% paid 12 weeks
- Home office or co-working space stipend
- $125/month internet reimbursement
- Continuing training stipend of $1,500 annually
Starting salary range for this role is $70,000 – 95,000 (we use a compensation formula that adjusts for experience).
Applicants must be based in the United States.