Video Editor, Contractor
Education Nationwide, California
- Employment TypeContractor
- Minimum ExperienceMid-level
Blueprint Test Preparation is seeking a Video Editor, Contractor that will take detailed storyboards on dense scientific concepts and translate them into engaging, entertaining content. The role will ask you to work with high efficiency and think creatively using FCP X’s built-in tools for your animations. This position can work remotely.
What You’ll Do
- Create engaging videos for cutting edge online courses
- Analyze scripts and storyboards and form animation strategies
- Communicate with Content Producers and peer editors on video edits
- Edit video content adhering to style guidelines
- Import and transcode 4K footage, color correct and sound balance
- Master a non-standard workflow using a mix of custom templates, layered illustrations, and key-framing
- Build efficient timelines with revisions in mind
- Edit and alter illustrations as needed
- Communicate efficiently with remote teams and can follow sprint deadlines, delivering video content every week.
Who You Are
- You have experience with Final Cut Pro X and Motion (REQUIRED)
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree (science background a plus)
- You have a strong sense of visual space and timing
- You thrive in your meticulous organizational skills and self-discipline
- You have experience working in a fast-paced environment with quick deadlines and shifting priorities
- Basic familiarity with Adobe Illustrator
- You have a desire to work in a collaborative, fast paced, remote first environment
- You are technically proficient with the google suite (docs, sheets, etc)
- You have a strong desire to help students succeed and provide them engaging, instructive, and fun video content we’re here because we want our students to meet their goals, and we want you to share that passion
Life at Blueprint
Hi, we’re Blueprint. We live at the intersection of education and technology. We use cutting edge technology and powerful data to create personalized and innovative learning experiences. Our team is passionate about education and its ability to improve lives. Our learners hold us to a high standard, and we do the same with each other. We thrive on change, we are relentless about improvement, we practice trust-based vulnerability, and we are committed to a culture of freedom and responsibility. We get a lot done, and we have a lot of fun doing it.
More details on life at Blueprint:
- Meaning. Do meaningful work that has a positive impact on society.
- Influence. Good ideas win and we value contributions from everyone.
- Innovation. It’s central to who we are and everything we do.
- Growth. We are always learning and you will sharpen your skill set.
- Performance. We set aspirational goals and make them happen.
- Low ego. High energy. That’s our recipe for success.
- Autonomy. Our team thrives with freedom and responsibility.
- Flexibility. We trust our people to do great work without unnecessary rules.
- Remote first. And not going back.
At Blueprint we believe that personal and professional diversity is the key to innovation. We hire based solely on your strengths and qualifications, and the way in which those strengths can directly contribute to your success in your new position.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. In our innovative and inclusive workplace, we prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind.