Video Editor (Contract)
at PlayStation Global
United States, Remote
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation5, PlayStation4, PlayStationVR, PlayStationPlus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Remote – USA
This is a 6-month contracted position through our staffing partner DZConneX.
The Video Editor is a key member of the Creative Arts team where you’ll get the opportunity to work as part of an internal creative team at one of the world’s leading entertainment companies. You’ll craft unique concepts for use across a variety of media, from broadcast and digital, to retail and live events. Our team is small but driven, putting an emphasis on quality creativity and storytelling to deliver impactful end products to our clients!
- Understanding and appreciation of editorial storytelling.
- Demonstrated ability to build compelling editorial across a wide array of genres and styles.
- Ability to adapt editorial style and tone to the specific job and characteristics of a particular game or task.
- Ability to craft a straightforward story when necessary, as well as add flare and style when appropriate.
- Ability to be a proactive contributor to the creative process from the beginning of a project through delivery.
- Ability to channel and focus creativity and execute on projects under challenging time constraints and deadlines.
- Ability to understand and execute on client feedback and/or team notes to achieve desired end product.
- Ability to work as part of a small team on both short term and long-term projects.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience with Adobe Premiere.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills as you will be a positive, contributing member of the creative team throughout production!
- Experience editing trailers for movies or video games.
- Agency or post-production facility experience preferred.
- Understanding or passion in the video game industry.