Virtual Reading Tutor
Littera Education is looking for passionate virtual reading tutors to support learners in grades K-8 starting in Fall 2022.This role is primarily focused on back-to-school academic support and we anticipate tutoring placements beginning in October 2022.
- Are you ready to be part of an amazing fully remote team helping students succeed?
- Do you enjoy supporting students and developing their understanding in reading?
- Are you interested in providing the high-quality tutoring support students need?
At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring working with students in school districts across the United States. Our high-dosage tutoring model pairs students with the same tutor for 2-3 sessions a week. Tutoring takes place 1:1, or in small groups, during the school day or after school. Sessions are typically 30, 45, or 60 minutes. As a Littera tutor you will have the flexibility to choose when you are available to tutor. You could tutor for one or multiple schools.
Please note this is a contract remote position and is not full-time. This role is perfect for you if you are interested in earning supplemental income with a flexible schedule, typically between the hours of 8am-7pm. We do not guarantee a set number of hours per week.
Once you are matched to students and assigned a schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to provide the student(s) with a consistent tutoring experience and to build a strong tutor:student relationship. We know there are times when you might need a sub – and we have a sub team ready to step in!
Please apply if you:
- Are motivated to be part of an elite team of remote tutors that directly impact student success!
- Have a passion for supporting and motivating students who are in need of a learning boost!
- Are able and excited to build relationships with students!
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- You will tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting
- You will complete a self-paced training program
- You will build relationships with students and boost their self confidence, an essential part of learning!
- You will plan and deliver lessons from a provided curriculum to support students in improving their reading skills
- You will impact a student’s learning experience!
What are the requirements to apply?
What is the process?
- At least one year of experience working with students in some capacity
- Relatively consistent availability for a reoccurring set schedule that will support a high-dosage tutoring program
- Previous online teaching or tutoring experience working with at least one of the grades K-8
- Preferred high comfort level with online tools and technologies
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but college students are welcome to apply with 1+ years of relevant work experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively instruct and engage students
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser with a reliable and stable internet connection. Built in or external camera for video. We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection, and a noise canceling headset with microphone.
- You must reside in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii.
- Please note we use Google based email and gmail email accounts are preferred, if available.
- Submit your application
- Complete a brief recorded video sharing your interest in joining our mission-driven tutor team
- Attend a virtual meeting consisting of a five minute mock tutoring demonstration
- Review and sign the Tutor Agreement
- Consent to and pass a background check
- Some tutoring assignments may require tutors to travel locally for one time, in-person, fingerprinting to remain compliant with state laws. In these instances, the cost of fingerprinting will be paid by Littera.
- Work 100% remotely with consistent schedule
- Receive ongoing support from Littera’s Tutor Operations team
- Invited to become part of Littera Tutor virtual community
- Pay rate is $17 per hour. Increases to $18 per hour upon successful completion of a self-paced course designed to support you in delivering the provided curriculum.