Visual Designer/ Animator (contract)
Remote – United States
job requisition id
A pioneer in K12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products help teachers identify the targeted instruction students need to build a strong foundation in early reading and math. All of our programs provide educators with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of every student. Today, Amplify serves more than 10 million students in all 50 states. For more information, visit amplify.com.
Amplify’s creative team is a group of designers, artists, and storytellers. We
sketch, we write, we push pixels, we also love paper. We live for the big ideas, and we sweat the details. We work on digital, print, environmental, interactive, and animation projects. We have a strong hands-on and highly collaborative approach to both product development and graphic design systems and ensure ideas are realized to the highest standards of execution.
Illustration and Motion Designers at Amplify build beautiful and meaningful experiences that delight our young learners and their teachers, inside and outside of the classroom. As a member of Amplify’s design group you will partner with a diverse cross-functional product team of designers, product owners, developers, and curriculum experts to extend and improve Amplify’s Math Supplemental.
- Develop an understanding of the Amplify educational product line and bring the supplemental student experience to life through illustration and animation
- Support the visual development of student digital experiences
- Conceive, plan, design and produce assets for animation production
- Collaborate closely with the art director to define the look and feel of educational materials and contribute to the overall direction of the brand
- Articulate concepts and creative solutions visually and verbally
- Develop and refine deliverables by obtaining feedback from team members and designers
- Coordinate visual asset requirements and production within the greater design team
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, illustration, communications, or related field
- 3+ years of experience in motion graphics design
- Strong animation and motion graphics experience
- Expertise with Adobe Creative Suite and After Effects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superb visual and conceptual skills to solve problems and build novel solutions
- Experience with character animation
- Experience with visual design in education technology or a related field
- Enthusiasm for contributing to the landscape of education
- Interaction design expertise and experience collaborating with engineers
- Experience with Agile processes
- Experience designing desktop and mobile experiences
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To that end, we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
Amplify is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
This position may be funded, in whole or in part, through American Recovery & Reinvestment Act funds.
Amplify Education, Inc. is an E-Verify participant.