Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title: Project Assistant, Case Management (Prescreening) – G5
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification: General Service Staff G5
Type of Appointment: OYFT
Closing Date : November 19, 2021
Reference Code : VN 2021/069SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Latin America region. RSC LA manages US resettlement activities in Latin America and Caribbean. RSC LA prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US.
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer, Case Management and the direct supervision of the Senior Project Assistant, RSC LA, the Project Assistant, is responsible for
carrying out case management activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions/ Responsibilities
· Undertake case management activities in an assigned area or areas, such as file integrity, program access, prescreening, field team, adjudications support, scheduling or pre-departure services, and, as required, guide and monitor teams of Project Clerks and Project Assistants in organizing and completing case management activities in an assigned area.
• Efficiently and effectively manage refugee case files and medical records, including, if assigned, verifying the creation of new case files, the timely and accurate distribution of case files, that all returned files are promptly filed, that the file tracking system is used to keep comprehensive track of files, and that files are scanned and transformed into travel packets as needed.
• Undertake refugee data collection and casework interviews for the purposes of recording case histories and biographical information, including, if assigned, correctly entering data into the START database, verifying information previously entered, such as biographic and family information, and, as needed, scanning, photocopying, attaching and filing documents, translating documents, and photographing applicants in accordance with established Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• In coordination with supervisors, organize and schedule refugee appointments, including, if assigned, running ad hoc reports, creating schedules in START or another database, entering schedule data, updating schedules, overseeing the issuance of notifications and confirmation of appointments, arranging interpretation services and assisting with circuit ride logistics.
• In relation to the adjudication of refugee case files, as assigned, assist supervisors in supporting USCIS officers, conduct briefings for refugee applicants, ensuring accurate information is shared regarding timelines, expectations, fraud, malfeasance and case processing, and, as needed, provide interpretation during interviews, perform data entry, provide logistical support and notify refugees of results.
• Verify START is updated as needed with refugee application data, biographical and other sensitive information such as interview dates, US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) interview and fingerprint results, medical data and resettlement location preferences, and, if assigned, guide the activation of processes such as program access verification, security checks or assurances as required.
• Utilizing reports, conduct regular quality assurance checks of case files and data in START to ensure the accuracy of all case information and the RSC’s compliance with all USRAP and RSC SOPs in relation to case files.
• In coordination with supervisors, liaise as needed with other teams and units in RSC LA and other RSCs. Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished within the team to supervisors and team members.
• Train other Case Management team members as needed to efficiently and effectively manage refugee case files, conduct full refugee interviews, organize and schedule refugee appointments, update START, conduct quality assurance of files and case data and support the USCIS adjudication.
• Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in refugee interview and USCIS adjudication circuit rides.
• Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and START, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants and colleagues.
• Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
• Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Completed secondary education required
• Five years of working experience with secondary education; three years of working experience with bachelor’s degree
• Experience Conducting interviews and intepretations is an advantage
• Esperience in costumer Service
• Excellent computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Attention to detail and ability to organize
• Self-motivated and objective driven
• Ability to use own initiative and work under pressure with minimum supervision
• Experiencie Working with international cooperation and humanitarian organizations is an advantage
Education and experience
Fluency in Spanish and English (Oral and Written)
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:**
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2*
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by November 19th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.