Open to Internal and External
National Project Officer (Field Office Coordinator)
National Officer, NOA
Type of contract
One Year Fixed Term with extension
possibilities Estimated start date
As soon as possible
28 February 2022
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related United Nations Organization and, as a leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does this by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply for this vacancy. For the purposes of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered primary candidates.
IOM hopes to address the root causes of irregular migration in Guatemala through a new programme expected to begin in July or August 2021. The Programme will adopt a flexible and adaptive approach to support community stabilization and resilience in areas with high rates of irregular migration, paying special attention to the needs of youth and indigenous populations.
Under the direct supervision of Deputy Chief of Party, the Field Office Coordinator will have as his main function to coordinate and supervise the operational functions that enable the execution of the project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Design, implement and coordinate, the fulfillment of operational, administrative, financial, logistics and operational processes related to the field office.
Design and structure the operational actions in coordination with the
support units, and within the framework of the mandates, procedures and processes, for the
execution of the Project in the area of responsibility (ADR) of the
field office, ensuring special attention to the differentiated needs between
groups (gender, indigenous population and youth).
Coordinate the Project’s interventions in selected communities,
including the processes of research, analysis, community consultation,
identification of possible programmatic responses to the
root causes of irregular migration and implementation of subprojects either through implementing partners
or directly by IOM.
Coordinate the formulation of subprojects including the terms of reference
for selection processes of implementing partners.
Establish and maintain strong relationships with all Project partners in the
ADR, including civil society organizations, indigenous and
government authorities, other UN agencies and
donor implementing partners.
Support civil society organizations to apply to the Project, and address
the capacity building needs that arise from the implementing partners
in the implementation process.
Monitor and evaluate Project activities in the ADR, including through
visits to project sites and conversations with beneficiary populations.
Elaborate, update and follow up on work plans and
intervention strategies (with their respective work schedules), ensuring an
effective articulation between the multiple initiatives developed in the ADR.
Support from the ADR all the processes of planning, monitoring, evaluation, and
reports coordinated from the central office.
Supervise, train and follow up on the work of the personnel
hired/assigned for the development of the project activities,
providing technical inputs for the design of strategies and work plans of
all project activities.
Work closely with RMU to follow up on
budget planning and execution, including expenditures made within
the ADR, ensuring compliance with the Internal Processes of the Organization
and those established by the donor.
Organize events and visits from the donor or others within the ADR.
Any other functions assigned to it.
Experience and Qualifications
• Master’s Degree in Social, Administrative or Related Sciences from an accredited academic institution or,
• University degree in the above fields with two years of relevant professional experience.
• Experience working with socio-economic development projects with communities.
• Work experience in the department where the vacancy is located will be an advantage.
• Experience of working in the migration field, as well as with indigenous population, young people and the gender approach will be an advantage.
• Management of MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, Publisher, as well as other programs of the Office package), management of data processing programs.
• Experience in the technical and administrative coordination of development projects, and their monitoring and evaluation.
• Familiarity with research and consultation processes at the community level will be an advantage.
• Knowledge of economic and social development projects.
• Experience with UN agencies and/or donors from the international community will be an advantage.
• Spanish (Fluent spoken and written)
• Advanced English (spoken and written) will be an advantage
• Knowledge of one or more indigenous languages of Guatemala will be an advantage
The holder is expected to manifest the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: Respects and promotes individual and cultural differences. Support diversity and inclusion where possible.
• Integrity and transparency: Maintains high ethical standards and acts consistently with organizational principles and rules and guidelines of conduct.
• Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner, showing good judgment when facing their daily challenges.
Competencies • Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within your unit and in conjunction with others to achieve common goals and optimize results.
• Production of results: Produces and delivers results on time and with orientation to the service. The action committed to achieving the agreed results is given.
• Knowledge management and sharing: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Responsibility: Takes on itself to comply with the priorities of the Organization and assumes responsibility for its actions and the work delegated to it.
• Communication: Encourages and contributes to open and clear communication. Explain complex issues in an informative, inspiring and motivating way.
• Leadership: Provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to execute the vision of the Organization. It helps others perceive and develop their potential.
• Empower others and build trust: Creates an atmosphere of trust and a positive environment in which staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking and vision: Works strategically to achieve the goals of the Organization and conveys a clear strategic direction
Cualquier oferta realizada al candidato en relación con este aviso de vacante está sujeta a confirmación de fondos.
El nombramiento estará sujeto a la certificación de que el candidato esta médicamente apto para trabajar, cuenta con los permisos de trabajo y residencia y las autorizaciones de seguridad requeridas.
El candidato seleccionado debe residir en el lugar de trabajo o tener facilidad para viajar diariamente al lugar de trabajo.
How to apply
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to email@example.com, no later than February 28, 2022 referring to this vacancy.
For more information, please refer to https://redhum.org/vacantes
To consider the valid application, IOM only accepts documentation that meets the required and complete profile (Resume and motivation letter)
Applications received at a later date or that do not specify the name of the call will not be considered.
Only candidates who meet the required profile will be contacted.
18.02.2022 to 28.02.2022