Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Senior Project Assistant, Information- CAM Parole Program
Duty Station : San Salvador
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G6
Type of Appointment : One Year Fixed Term
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : 19.Nov.2021
Reference Code : VN2021/074SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Head of Operations and the the direct supervision of the Movement Operations Manager, Latin America; the Senior Project Assistant, has the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
• Coordinate a team or teams of up to a total of eight staff members undertaking CAM Parole Information activities
• In close coordination with the Movement Operations Manager and the Head of Operations, develop work plans, SOPs, and monitoring tools, as needed.
• Ensure a high-quality data tracking in the IOM internal systems and other internal manual tracking tools.
• As necessary, provide technical and administrative support to the management in identifying and adjusting approaches to implement the CAM Parole activities in the region.
• Organize, coordinate and maintain detailed records of documents and activities pertaining to the CAM Parole program.
• Compile information and draft the activity reports to USCIS.
• Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the CAM Parole Program SOPs, CAM Statement of Work and MiMOSA, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with parole applicants, colleagues and partners.
• Draft meeting agendas and meeting notes.
• Liaise with USCIS for all processing activities related to the parole caseload.
• In coordination with the management, support the monitoring and management of the parole caseload for medical and travel activities.
• Ensure security, order, and confidentiality in all interactions and transactions for Parole beneficiaries according to IOM internal instructions and the USCIS Statement of Work.
• Guide and supervise the information team of the CAM Parole Program.
• Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Education and Experience
• University degree in social sciences, international relations, business administration/management , or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of work experience.
• Completed secondary education with six years of relevant working experience.
• At least 4-6 years of relevant experience such as office/business administration, customer service, record keeping, monitoring, clerical duties, etc.
• Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files.
• Prior experience with tools and strategies for data collection and analysis, and production of reports preferred.
• Experience with resettlement programs is desired.
• Experience with IOM processing systems, such as MIMOSA.
• Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
o High degree of judgment and initiative; ability to work with a high degree of independence within assigned areas.
o Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Managerial Competencies- behavioural indicators level 2
• Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision. Assists others to realize and develop their potential.
• Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
• Strategic thinking & vision : works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: email@example.com by November 19th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 19th, 2021 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
KEEP IN MIND:
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.