Voice of the Customer Specialist
- San Francisco, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
It all started with an idea at Block in 2013. Initially built to take the pain out of peer-to-peer payments, Cash App has gone from a simple product with a single purpose to a dynamic app, bringing a better way to send, spend, invest, borrow and save to our millions of monthly active users. With a mission to redefine the world’s relationship with money by making it more relatable, instantly available and universally accessible, at Cash App you’ll have the opportunity to make a real-world impact with your career.
Today, Cash App has thousands of employees around the world with a culture geared toward creativity, collaboration and impact. We’ve been a distributed team since day one, and continue to value working across time zones and continents both remotely and in our Cash App offices.
Our offices are great, but many of our roles can be done remotely from the countries where Block operates. We tailor our experience to champion our employees’ creativity and productivity wherever they are.
The Voice of the Customer team quantifies and resolves customer issues across the business. As a VOC Specialist, you will take a data-driven approach to identifying our customers’ biggest pain points, and partner directly with Product, Engineering, and Operations leaders to resolve them. You will be responsible for escalating issues in collaboration with customer-facing support teams, and for delivering reporting and analysis of those issues and any related factors. This role reports to the VOC Lead, and sits within Cash Customer Operations.
- Analyze and synthesize data from multiple sources to understand customer support case drivers and the underlying causes
- Leverage your expertise and partnerships to escalate and resolve the most important customer problems
- Deliver reporting on key customer support metrics and trends to stakeholders
- Anticipate and address customer pain points prior to feature launches
- Collaborate with customer-facing support teams to understand and resolve internal pain points related to the products you support
- Contribute key insights from the customer perspective during change management
- Some travel required
- 2+ years professional experience working directly with product/engineering in a VOC or similar role as part of a support operations team
- 2+ years experience and demonstrable expertise with all of the following:
- Analytics & reporting tools (SQL/Tableau/Looker)
- Issue-tracking & project management software (Jira/Trello)
- Large-scale CRMs (Salesforce/Zendesk)
- Strong understanding of customer support operations & in-app support systems
- Strong cross-functional communication and prioritization skills
- Preferred experience in fintech and/or personal finance
- [nice to have: domain experience in a specific product area]
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD54566975, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD54566975 is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.