Skokie, IL 60077
When you’re the best, we’re the best. We instill an environment where employees feel engaged, satisfied and able to contribute their unique skills and talents. We provide extensive opportunities for personal and professional development, building both employee competence and organizational capability to fuel exceptional performance now and in the future.
Sg2, a Vizient company, revolutionized the understanding of future health care demand with the introduction of the Impact of Change forecast in 2001. Today, Sg2 is the industry’s premier health care strategy advisory firm, helping organizations solve for the challenge of achieving smart growth by leveraging our unique combination of insights, expertise, and analytics. Sg2 serves health care providers across the spectrum, including integrated delivery networks, academic medical centers, independent community hospitals and life sciences companies. Learn more about Sg2 at www.sg2.com
In this role, you will serve as the editorial resource for a variety of client deliverables that include publications, webinars, presentations, conference, courses, and analytics tools by providing copy editing, content editing and project management services.
- Manage multiple projects, competing priorities, fluctuating workload and conflict with keen attention to detail in a high-volume, fast-turnaround production environment, including strong ability to reshuffle priorities as needed.
- Communicate effectively with manager, stakeholders, and vendors to ensure key steps and project issues are conveyed with both clarity and urgency.
- Correct errors in logic, grammar, spelling, usage, and style while still ensuring maximum readability per editorial style guide.
- Vet content, data sources and references for accuracy and compliance; suggests copy changes or rewrites to enhance readability and consistency.
- Articulate critical editing decisions via strong written and verbal communication to support project objectives; listens to and incorporates stakeholder feedback in adherence to Sg2 style while managing author expectations.
- Confirm that content expert/author has secured necessary permissions and sources for externally sourced graphs, charts, and content.
- Collaborate with graphic designers, presenters, and key stakeholders to produce slide presentations and other member deliverables for high-profile industry conferences.
- Perform comprehensive project management for large-scale projects by working collaboratively with project leads in other departments to determine project scope, scheduling, workflow and team resources; leads planning, status and problem-resolution meetings on behalf of Creative Services and provides recommendations for course correction as needed.
- Document standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure consistency in editorial services and facilitates training of new team members.
- Promote organizational efficiencies through improvements in workflow and business practices.
- Participate in task force and other departmental initiatives, as requested.
- Demonstrate independence along with strong collaboration, critical thinking, best editorial judgment and provides timely report-outs for project progress; escalates issues to manager if necessary.
- Serve as an editorial expert for staff questions on production processes, reference citation/sourcing, grammar, punctuation, permissions etc.
- Relevant degree preferred. Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, journalism, or related business degree a plus.
- 7 or more years’ experience required editing and proofreading in a deadline-driven, high-volume production environment.
- Health care or pharmaceutical industry experience strongly preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of InDesign, HTML and experience with web content management systems Dreamweaver and Sitecore is a plus.
- Project management experience desired.
- Knowledge of AMA style guidelines preferred.
- Strong writing, editing and proofing skills across both traditional and digital platforms.
- Aptitude in promoting workflow and publishing process efficiencies.
Estimated Hiring Range:
$68,500.00 – $99,400.00
This position is also incentive eligible.
Vizient has a comprehensive benefits plan! Please view our benefits here:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The Company is committed to equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender identity, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, disability status, veteran status or any other category protected by applicable law.