Content · REMOTE, Washington
Welcome to the coolest fully remote contract role where you will be an important contributor to a growing business. We are a small (but mighty!) team positioned for growth, and you’ll get to help mold who we become. We look to empower people to thrive beyond the hustle/grind culture and provide the absolute best talent across the globe. Our #workfromanywhere mantra is our lifeblood and we invite you to share in our adventure!
WHO WE ARE:
First Page Strategy (FPS) is a global growth marketing agency. We partner with product-led brands looking to achieve high-volume, sustainable growth. We are collaborative, data driven and people-centric. We emulate the structure and expertise of the big players with the attention and finesse of a boutique agency, allowing us to seamlessly function as an extension of an in-house marketing team.
As a Writing Pro at First Page, you’ll put your skills to work to write and revise copy for our client, capturing their style and tone and performing research as needed to complete assignments. Our ideal candidate has a writing background in small business and entrepreneurial-focused content and a basic understanding of SEO. Up-to-date knowledge of AP Style regarding equity-focused content is a bonus.
WHAT WE’LL NEED YOU TO DO:
- Act as the go-to writer for client copy needs. This will include:
- Founder stories
- INCspiration blogs
- Link-building projects, such as HARO blogs and guest blogs
- Infographic copy
- Business template library pages
- “Internal” blog needs that pop up: survey blogs, city roundups, grant winner announcements, client product announcement blogs, etc.
- CTA copy
- Regular client blogs as needed
- Additional writing projects that come up
- Stay on top of client voice and tone to successfully create copy
- Use Slack and ClickUp to communicate and meet deadlines
- Attend All-Hands meeting (1st Tuesday of the month) and a content team meeting
WHAT WE’D LIKE TO SEE FROM YOU:
- At least 3-5 years of previous writing experience
- The ability to dedicate your retainer hours to our team, highly preferable without a full-time role elsewhere. Please note: Side hustles and other contracts are totally fine! We’ve just found that someone with a full-time job and then us as a side hustle generally doesn’t work.
- Communication skills are essential to the success of our remote company, both internally and externally – to be a part of this team it is key that you are able to effectively communicate with people across the globe
- We have set Sync Hours (10 a.m.-2 p.m. CST) where our entire team needs to be accessible (not chained to a desk!), but the rest of your schedule is up to you (we believe in nonlinear work days). Our ETM’s (extended team members) are asked to do the same. Special conditions made for those +/- 5hrs outside of our main time zone (CST).
- Technology-savvy: with the ability to quickly learn to navigate, manage workload and track time & capacity in ClickUp (our PM tool) and to effectively use Zoom, Slack, shared Google Drives and other online tools that support our remote work practices — both async and synchronously
- A flexible mentality at a small, growing company as teams goals and responsibilities often internally shift
- A willingness to be part of a fully remote team and care about who you work with on the other side of the screen – regardless of employment status within our company, we treat our team members as a team and hope the same goes for you
WHAT WE BRING TO THE TABLE:
- The compensation for this role is $70/hour for 50 hours/month.
- We are a 100% remote-first company – #workfromanywhere
- A really kick-ass, incredibly smart group of people to work with and a super supportive Leadership Team