Managing Editor (Remote)
Remote: United States
Neo4j is the world’s leading graph data platform. 75% of the world’s Fortune 100 companies use Neo4j for their mission critical applications. We’re building the technology that enables connected data to solve the world’s most pressing problems, such as helping to cure cancers, address diabetes, and get humans to Mars. We’re proud to fight fraud, crush pandemics, and even help journalists uncover the truth. Find out more at neo4j.com and follow us at @Neo4j.
At Neo4j, we have always strived to help the world make sense of data.
As business, society and knowledge become increasingly connected, our technology promotes innovation by helping organizations to find and understand data relationships. We created, drive and lead the graph database category, and we’re disrupting how organizations leverage their data to innovate and stay competitive.
The Managing Editor at Neo4j leads the development of powerful marketing content to inform, empower and inspire Neo4j customers and prospects.
Reporting to the Director of Content & Corporate Storytelling, the Managing Editor guides the editorial strategy and vision of brand content across multiple platforms. High-quality content is the backbone of the Neo4j growth strategy – you will drive brand awareness and deepen consideration of Neo4j by greasing the wheels of our content marketing engine.
You’re an experienced editor who can guide and develop a team of internal and external content creators to elevate our brand, capture top-of-funnel traffic, and drive engagement. You have a passion for content and storytelling, are a digital creator at heart, and have robust experience in editorial planning and management.
Graph database technology and data science are complex topics; you’re passionate about educating and engaging prospects by breaking complex technical concepts into simple and helpful content.
You’re a strategic thinker and a doer. You take a creative approach to challenges and initiatives and support your decisions with data. You’re thoughtful and collaborative with a strong bias towards action, trying new approaches, and driving outcomes. You have strong content development and communication skills and take pride in being highly organized.
As Managing Editor you:
- Own the editorial calendar and manage editorial production for the Neo4j website, resource center, and corporate blog, including sourcing, editing, and publishing content; set the editorial strategy with the Director of Content & Corporate Storytelling.
- Triage incoming requests and commission content from internal content producers, freelancers, and agency partners; seek new content contributors within Neo4j and with partners and community advocates.
- Help drive our content strategy and make recommendations so our content aligns with audience journies for our priority audiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to crystalize core messages and create messaging architectures and documents that drive momentum around those ideas.
- Influence the brand voice and tone across all marketing touchpoints; you will use qualitative and quantitative data and an audience-first mindset to continually innovate and optimize our marketing content.
- Manage and grow the company’s content team, which includes sourcing, training, and mentoring internal and external content producers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing, sales, and product, to ensure content is aligned with Neo4j goals and objectives.
- Use data and analytics to identify opportunities for improving web traffic, leads, and engagement, and develop and execute data-driven strategies to achieve these goals.
- Instill an SEO-first discipline in all content creation and editing to ensure maximum discoverability for digital content.
- Monitor and analyze web traffic and user behavior to identify trends, patterns, and opportunities for optimization.
- Proofread and edit copy, ensuring it conforms to in-house and standard style guides.
- Partner early and often with our in-house creative team.
- Ensure the quality of our content remains consistently high.
- Assist with copywriting activities for key projects as needed.
Job Requirement Guidelines
- 8+ years of content marketing or editorial experience.
- Passion for journalism and storytelling.
- Excellent copyediting and proofreading skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Expert in editorial process management and editorial workflows and tools.
- Experience using a modern CMS like WordPress, Contentful, or Webflow.
- Measured approach, demonstrating grace and grit under pressure.
- Ability to self-direct, lead, organize, and prioritize multiple projects and requests.
- Willingness to dig into complex subjects; experience with B2B content creation preferred.
- Experience managing content producers and agencies
- Must know AP style.
Why Join Neo4j?
Neo4j is one of the 20 most popular databases in the world, and the leader in the rapidly emerging Graph Database category. We’re building the technology that enables connected data to solve the world’s most pressing problems. You’ll work on unique engineering projects that challenge what’s possible.
We have customers in every industry across the globe, and our products are a proven product/market fit. Joining our team is an opportunity to shape the future of data and analytics.
We pride ourselves on being a welcoming team. Most of us would agree that one of the best parts of working at Neo4j is the people we get to work with.
We encourage you to apply even if you don’t 100% fit the qualifications above. Why? Because we are committed to building an environment that fosters belonging, which means valuing intellectually honest discussions and being receptive to new ideas and perspectives.
One of our central objectives is to provide an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace for everyone to develop their potential and have a positive, career-defining experience.
Neo4j is a Silicon Valley company with a Swedish soul. We foster collaboration and each of us is empowered to contribute and put our innovative stamp on projects. We hire candidates who reflect the following Neo4j core values:
Neo4j is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Please read the privacy notice regarding Neo4j’s recruitment process to understand how we will handle the personal data that you provide.