Accounting Lead (she/he/they)
Trafilea is a global company that builds communities and transformative brands. We own the brands and take care of the entire customer journey, to deliver wow-worthy experiences that influence and empower millions of people globally.
Our culture is fast-paced and dynamic. We are data-driven enthusiasts, passionate about marketing, exponential technologies, and innovation.
We have over 300 hundred employees working around the world, connected by the same purpose and core values. Our support for this new way of working has led to being featured in Forbes and FlexJobs as one of the Top 25 Companies for Remote Workers.
We are looking for dynamic, dedicated, and committed individuals with a strong desire to grow, that can drive the brand forward on its truly exciting journey.
Do you want to know more about our Brands? Shapermint, Truekind & Empetua
We are looking for an Accounting Lead with a Big 4 background, managing clients from the retail and/or eCommerce industry to join our team
This role will be responsible for all day-to-day accounting team functions, The main mission will be to ensure high-quality information through technical knowledge and expertise in US GAAP and IFRS. As part of a lean and dynamic team, this role will have a tremendous opportunity for impact and ownership from day one, including helping us build tax compliance and a financial foundation that scales with our growth. The ideal candidate will be proactive with an ownership mentality, a team player with strong communication skills, personable, and eager to work in a fast-paced environment.
Expected outcomes & responsibilities
- Manage the accuracy and timeliness of the financial statements, compliance reporting, and global consolidation.
- Ensure timely completion of the accounting close including reviewing journal entries, reconciliations, and analytical data as well as other duties as needed.
- Proactively investigate and resolve discrepancies – research and explain account fluctuations. reviewing the analysis already made by the seniors team and to the balance sheet.
- Lead the preparation of internal and external reporting packages for management, investors and key vendors. Participate in presentation of financial results to Board and senior management
- Maintain and improve current accounting processes and infrastructure. Improve the accounting and financial reporting process by evaluating processes and opportunities to add value and efficiency. Ensure the correct use of the ERP (Netsuite).
- Lead the external audit process, providing all the documentation on time to the auditors related to accounting. Coordinate all the requirements
- Excellent spoken and written English is a must
- Strong accounting experience auditing retail companies in BIG4 at least 5 years (Experienced Senior or new Manager). Ecommerce industry experience is a plus.
- Another profile we consider: A 5 years experienced senior in Big4 auditing other industries (excepting banks and insurance) at least 3 years with retail clients and 2 years as a Lead, Jr. Manager or Coordinator in a retail company. Not mandatory.
- Leading experience must be focused on improving the documentation of the working papers, generate reports to corporate or external investors.
- Accounting Inventory and costs control must be their responsibility in the current scope.
- 5 years of IFRS experience is a must.
- SOX / US GAAP general knowledge is a must, Experience is a plus.
- Experience working with ERP systems is highly preferred. Experience with Netsuite is a plus.
What We Have to Offer
- Proximity doesn’t influence productivity. As a globally distributed team, you can live and work wherever you want.
- A rich experience including the opportunity to collaborate with world-class talents. Encouraging transparency and open communication to all.
- A data-driven, dynamic, energetic work environment, full of talented, goal-oriented, and empathetic people working together to grow and develop both as professionals and human beings.
- A safe space to be who you truly are. We embrace and support diversity, and equity and work hard every day to keep becoming more inclusive.
- Openness to new ideas and initiatives: You can always join a squad, tribe, or committee, and start new ones. Bring your hobbies and passions and transform them into projects!