Audience Operations Manager
New York, NY
Advertising Advertising Marketing
At Spotify, we’re passionate about providing the right audio experience for every moment. We’ve connected millions of people to their favorite songs and built a service that people use to discover and share music they love.
We are looking for an Audience Operations Manager to join the larger Business Operations team that supports Spotify’s advertising organization. You will be responsible for running and, scaling all aspects of Spotify’s audience segment operations and partnering on US campaigns on pitch to execution.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborating with Spotify’s advertising sales organization to create audience segments for ad campaigns
- Leading a team of offshore partners responsible for building new audience segments and maintaining existing audience segments
- Being responsible for the audience segment taxonomy and menu for Spotify’s advertising business Allowing sales to easily pitch and use segments that meet client objectives and goals
- Build tooling that can easily be used and interpreted by sales to pitch segments and there value to meet client objectives and goals
- Support RFP recommendations with the sales organization on segments usages that are best suited to meet client objectives and goals
- Pulling together data driven insights and recommendations around audience segments to be used in pre sale collateral and pitches
- Work with the ad sales organization to troubleshoot campaign setup and campaign delivery of audience segments by owning and educating on standard methodologies
- Scale education on the audience segment ecosystem at Spotify
- Ensuring Spotify’s advertising sales organization is following legal requirements and business rules for utilization of audience segments
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop and implement business rules related to audience segments into our advertising tech stack and systems
- Assist Spotify’s Ads Pricing & Yield team to ensure audience operations are aligned with the overall inventory management and yield optimization strategy for the advertising business
- Collaborate with the Advertising Science teams to align audience operations with the standard methodologies and approaches for advertising analytics
Who You Are
- 6-8+ years of experience in digital media, ideally at a platform, publisher, brand or agency
- 3-4+ years working with audience platforms and tools
- Experience with data marketplaces and the breadth and depth of data available from data providers
- An expert on advertiser strategies on audiences and how they use external data for prospecting and acquisition and CRM data for growth and retention efforts
- Have strong proven understanding of the data management ecosystem – hands on knowledge on DMPs, data providers, and data on-boarders
- Proficiency in Google Suite/Excel
- Expertise with SQL and working with Big Query for exploring large datasets a plus
- Experience with custom survey programming and data analysis software desired
- Experience with syndicated tools including comScore, Nielsen, Kantar and more
- Outstanding analytical and meticulous skills.
- A collaborator that works with experts across departments while also contributing your own ideas to the table.
- Strong project management skills; you are no stranger to spreadsheets, tools, systems, organization, to-do lists, or deadlines.
- A skilled multitasker, with the ability to take on projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment and provide excellent accuracy.
- A natural problem-solver that is able to navigate roadblocks and prides yourself on being solution-oriented.
- A self-starter with a desire to learn and a curiosity to increase results.
Where You’ll Be
- We’ve introduced Work From Anywhere to give you more options!
- While we will ask you to pop into the office from time to time, we are giving you the flexibility to work from home should you choose to do so.
- Working hours? We operate within the EST time zone for collaboration.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are, no matter where you come from, what you look like, or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone, and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business, the more we will all thrive, contribute, and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience, your perspectives, and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today, we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service with a community of more than 381 million users.
Global COVID and Vaccination Disclosure
Spotify is committed to safety and well-being of our employees, vendors and clients. We are following regional guidelines mandating vaccination and testing requirements, including those requiring vaccinations and testing for in-person roles and event attendance. For the US, we have mandated that all employees and contractors be fully vaccinated in order to work in our offices and externally with any third-parties. For all other locations, we strongly encourage our employees to get vaccinated and also follow local COVID and safety protocols.
This role is not eligible for hire in Colorado, USA.