Collections Rep – Remote
West US Remote
For people drawn to serving others through their work, PSCU is a place to thrive, as we serve our credit union members best by taking care of each other first.
If you want to help shape an industry, challenge yourself, and invest in your own future, this is the place for you. PSCU is a highly accessible environment where you’re empowered to think on your feet, work from your heart, and discover the very best version of your professional and personal self. Our Momentum. Your Moment.
This application is the first step in seizing your moment.
100% Remote Role with Opportunities for advancement
- 1st Party Customer Service Orientated Collections Rep Role
- Paid 4 week Instructor led virtual training
- Hourly Pay – increases with experience, minimum $15 up to $17.11 an hour plus commission/bonus pay
- Qualified Bilingual Spanish speaking reps earn an added $1 per hour
Routine Shifts after training:
For all hires, your routine work shift will adjust to MST time zone:
Mon and Thurs 8:30am to 6pm
Tues 8:30 am to 6pm
Weds 8:30am to 5pm
Fri 8 am to 1pm
The Collections Rep I is responsible for making outbound collection calls and handling inbound collection calls on accounts past due up to 60 days in a first party environment for PSCU Clients. This position partners directly with Client’s borrowers to review, assess and resolve delinquent credit card and consumer loan accounts.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Contacts Client’s past due borrowers through outbound calling campaigns using dialing technology or manual dialing tools to effectively resolve accounts up to 60 days past due.
- Maintain accurate documentation of collection efforts and reasons for delinquency and makes acceptable arrangements to resolve past due loans.
- Follow department calling scripts and procedures created for the relevant delinquency queue and Client specific requirements. Update borrower address, phone numbers, and other contact information.
- Adhere to all federal, state, local and internal laws, regulations, and policies in connection with the first party collection of past due loans and credit cards.
- Participate in web-based and instructor led training sessions to assure that appropriate collections calling techniques are developed to respond to new and challenging calling situations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- Ability to occasionally lift/move up to 25 pounds
- Individuals with a disability who are otherwise able to perform the essential functions of the job may request a reasonable accommodation through the Human Resources department.
- High school education or GED equivalent
- One year customer service experience preferred; preferably in collections. One year work experience with multitasking within multiple technologies preferred. Six months work experience with problem solving and critical thinking skills. Knowledge and working experience in a call center environment preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrate behaviors based on PSCU values: Excellence, Innovation, Leadership, Passion and Trust
- Ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written formats and give presentations utilizing various audiovisual support aids
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work in fast-paced environment, and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and good judgment in making decisions
- Proficiency in word processing and spreadsheet computer software applications
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of materials handled
- Ability to be flexible and work under high pressure in a complex environment
Remote Employee Requirements
We have the expectation that you will create a designated workspace in a quiet, private area, preferably with a door that can be shut, within your home to limit distractions and background noise. Similar to working in the office, we ask that you make arrangements for childcare and eldercare and properly manage arrangements for pets during your working hours.
- All WFH hires must have the following in place prior to their first day:
- Having high speed internet with high-speed Internet access of 50 MBPS Download and maintaining your connection is a condition of employment. If multiple users or devices are connected to the internet, it may affect internet speed and your connection.
- Your computer will need to be connected directly into your modem via an Ethernet cord. PSCU can supply a standard-length Ethernet cord.
- Access to a smart device (phone or tablet) with OS version 6.0 or greater or for Apple device IOS version 11.0 or greater. (device cannot be rooted or jail broken)
- Even though we are at home, we are still operating in a professional environment. You are responsible for anything heard or seen while you are remotely working
- The ability to meet performance expectations in a work from home setting
PSCU is committed to pay equity and a competitive benefits package. The typical annual hiring range for this position based on relevant experience and internal equity is:
*Note: The amount shown is based on full time annual salary and would be prorated based on role.
In addition this position is eligible for an incentive plan, based on performance.
At PSCU, everything we do recognizes the fact that our employees are our most important asset. That’s why we are committed to a work/life integration that goes above and beyond to ensure that you have quality time at home with your family and/or to pursue outside interests and aspirations. We back this up with generous PTO, the opportunity to work remotely, flexible scheduling, and a management team that understands how to adjust when the unexpected curveballs of life happen.
Check out the comprehensive benefits PSCU has to offer that further solidifies our reputation as a company that just gets it when it comes to balancing life’s planned and unplanned events while equipping you with all the tools for growth.
- Beautiful, state-of-the-art campuses
- Endless opportunities for advancement
- Competitive wages
- Generous paid time off and paid holidays
Our benefits package includes:
- Medical with telemedicine, no-cost diabetes supply program, and expert medical opinion services
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Optional Life Insurance
- Company Paid Disability Insurance
- 401k (with employer match)
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) with company provided contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
- Supplemental Insurance
- Legal Plan
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Assistance Plan
- Mental Health and Well-being: Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental health and Well-being: Virtual mental health support and resources
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Wellness program
- Back-up child care program
- Benefits are subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
If this position requires you, now or in the future, to perform your function or report onsite at a PSCU location or travel on behalf of PSCU, entry procedure and Covid protocols are in place that will require your adherence as a condition of employment. PSCU manages these procedures and protocols requiring your use of third party digital applications, in compliance with federal, state, and local laws.
Please Note: For roles with certain levels of travel and/or company car usage, PSCU will require a completed Motor Vehicle Record Check, valid driver’s license, and proof of insurance at time of hire and annually.
As a matter of operational management limitations and business administrative process parameters, remote position assignments at PSCU are geographically restricted to where PSCU currently operates. As a result, we are unable to proceed with applications from those state residents. Applicants are encouraged to apply for other available opportunities for which they qualify.