As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide – our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About the Role
This role is fully remote within the United States (US). We will consider US-based applicants.
- Support the commercial legal team in serving a fast-paced, high-growth company in an expanding market
- Support large and small projects with an attitude that no job is too insignificant and no challenge is too great
- Assist in the preparation of contract summaries for deal reviews
- Assist in coordinating and capturing specialist and business feedback on contract terms, when necessary
- Assist in creating term sheets and templates based on pre-established outlines and forms
- Manage the contract signature process in accordance with company policies
- Assist in updating and maintaining the department’s contract management system and contract lifecycle processes
- 3+ years of experience as a commercial paralegal or commercial legal assistant
- 4-year degree from an accredited college or university; in lieu of this degree, we will consider additional years of practical work experience beyond the 3+ that are requested above
- Basic understanding of contractual concepts and ability to explain them in simple, everyday language: concepts like signing authority, necessary parties, contractual elements, etc.
- Experience and ability to work with multiple software applications, including contract management systems, DocuSign, Google Workspace applications, Slack, and others
- Interest in (1) the crypto industry / what our company is offering to the world and why, plus (2) company culture: creating a better experience for yourself and all other employees
- Excellent skills regarding judgment, organization, detail-attentiveness, verbal communication, written communication, time management, and project management
- Good organizational awareness, including the ability to direct and connect people to the right contacts and resources
- Ability to work in a flexible manner, across time zones and business teams
- Eagerness to grow and to learn new functions, software, and responsibilities
- Nice to have (but not required): experience supporting international transactions / working with international agreements
Location Tagging: #US
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don’t fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you’re passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.