United States (remote)
WHO ARE WE?
Launch Potato is a digital media company with a portfolio of brands and technologies. As The Discovery and Conversion Company, Launch Potato’s mission is to be the most innovative, tech-enabled media company connecting consumers to the world’s leading brands.
The company is headquartered in vibrant downtown Delray Beach, Florida, with a unique international team across more than a dozen countries. Launch Potato’s success comes from a diverse, energetic culture and high-performing, entrepreneurial team.
You will manage and develop our roster of freelance contributors for FinanceBuzz and other Launch Potato brands.
The ideal candidate has a sharp eye for good content and an understanding of the editorial process. They have an existing network of writers, editors, and production assistants they can hire from. If they don’t know someone who is right for the job, they do know the best place to find that person.
You will manage and mentor our freelance copy editing, fact checking, and production teams and take the lead on training new freelancers in various roles. You will be responsible for tracking production and performance to make sure we have the right team in place to hit our goals.
SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
- Supporting and maintaining the overall quality of our content on a written and visual level
- Managing our already-existing and very talented group of creative contributors
- Growing our freelance team by recruiting and hiring editors, writers, and assistants
- Assigning articles and communicating with writers about schedules
- Ensuring editorial documentation is up to date, easy to find, and a joy to use
- Onboarding new freelance contributors and guiding them to success
- Developing new training resources to up-level our onboarding processes
- Handling budget and payments, and providing reporting on expenses
- Solving problems, removing roadblocks, and making the editorial team more efficient
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 3-5 years of relevant experience as called out above
- A passion for creating high-quality content
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience hiring for an editorial team
- Experience creating training documentation and onboarding flows
- Experience using a project management platform to develop workflows
- Strong people management skills and an eye for detail
- Plus: Experience publishing content about personal finance or internet technology
Want to make your impact in a profitable, high-growth company? Apply now!
From Day One, we’ve been committed to having a diverse, inclusive team and culture. We are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity company. We value diversity, equity, and inclusion.
We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.