Location: US Locations (not accepting applicants from California, Colorado, or Nevada); 100% Remote
Who You Are
Your friends describe you as a “go getter”. You are a forward thinker who likes to embrace new technologies and find creative, efficient solutions. You generally take life by the horns but understand that you are not always the smartest person in the room. You enjoy working with people, you’re collaborative, humble, willing to ask questions and provide answers. You get that to succeed, everyone must succeed, and that our customers come first.
Who We Are
As outdoor enthusiasts, camping is an essential part of our recreation with friends and family. However, we realized that booking a campsite wasn’t nearly as easy as booking a hotel stay. Why couldn’t it be that easy to reserve time in nature? So in 2006 we set out on a new adventure—make a simple and intuitive way to book a campsite on the interweb. Since then, we’ve become one of the fastest growing (adding new customers all the time), industry-leading, cloud-based campground management and online reservation software companies.
We’re an intentionally small team based in Mount Juliet, TN and we take our time finding the right people who believe in our mission. For us, this is not just a job—it’s our passion! We take pride in our work and “own our own stuff”. We work hard to be proactive and solve problems. But most importantly, we get what good customer service looks and feels like and want to be the best! We either add value to the market by making campground management and reservations easy, or we find something else to do. To quote the great Yoda, “Do or Do Not. There is no try!”
What You’d Do
Besides making incredible software that helps park operators live their BEST lives, we are committed to creating dependable relationships with our customers and each other. We’re growing rapidly, and we know it requires communication and attention to detail to maintain the relationships we’ve formed. We want our customers to experience the same pleasant, personal interaction with our team that they provide to their guests—and you can help us by handling the behind-the-scenes details to make our passionate team even better.
As our HR/Executive Assistant you’ll help keep us proactive and organized by efficiently handling administrative tasks in a wide range of areas from scheduling cost-conscious travel and meeting arrangements, to determining gaps in resources (and helping recruit, vet, and hire new talent). You’ll spend your time supporting our fantastic team members in each stage of their CampLife journey—onboarding, helping them navigate their benefits, and communicating company policies. You’ll be there to help with the big and little things that take organizational skills, logistical prowess, and good ol’ fashioned dependability. You’re a good listener who’s comfortable balancing overall business goals with team members’ needs and concerns. You’ll use good judgement about when to share important information and when to keep something confidential. You love working with teams and equipping people with the right tools to get stuff done. You’re a forward thinker who likes solving puzzles and finding creative, efficient solutions.
While the work is performed remotely, you may need to travel from time-to-time to attend CampLife meetings and events at various locations around the country.
Necessary Qualifications for the Job
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience performing data entry and providing administrative support
- Working knowledge of computer systems, software and applications, and the Internet in general
- Experience in human resources or a bachelor’s degree in HR preferred
- Experience administering or processing payroll preferred
Fitting into the Culture
- Interested in fully resolving questions and issues.
- Develops positive working relationships and a strong rapport with team members and customers.
- Demonstrates a fundamental respect for others.
- Genuine interest in sharing and learning as a team.
- Wants to build close working relationships with team members and the leadership team.
- Balances overall business goals with team members’ needs and concerns.
- Listens and responds well.
- Uses good judgement about when to share important information and when to keep something confidential.
- Ability to listen, speak, write, and communicate well in English.
- Flexible to learn and fulfill a wide variety of assignments.
- Ability to analyze information and make recommendations.
- Well-organized and pays attention to detail.
- Proficient in recordkeeping and paperwork.
- Ability to audit and organize files accurately.
Drive for Results
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative and complete work independently.
- Resourcefulness to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
Day-to-day Work Expectations
Human Resources Administration
- Serve as the first point of contact for HR-related questions from employees. Respond to questions based on established employment policies or coordinate the resolution of difficult issues in collaboration with leadership.
- Administer benefit programs and help resolve employee benefit issues. Create and distribute internal communications regarding status changes, benefits, or company policies. Conduct periodic audits and verifications of enrollment records with benefit vendors.
- Complete and submit employer forms for medical coverage, healthcare-related court / child support orders, life insurance, and disability coverage.
- Support the execution of hiring plans in support of overall recruiting strategy. Coordinate all aspects of the hiring process from start to finish: vet and interview applicants; inform candidates about job duties, benefits, company culture; and coordinate interviews with managers and leaders.
- Coordinate the onboarding program for new employees. Introduce CampLife vision and values, share pay and benefit information, form initial connections with peers and leaders, develop onboarding plans with hiring managers, and assist with the completion of paperwork.
- Conduct various activities in support of payroll administration as delegated by the Controller.
- Maintain employee files and records. Assist in the administration of the HR information system.
- Identify and recommend changes that increase HR efficiency and effectiveness.
- Complete data projects, paperwork, and administrative tasks associated with running a business.
- Coordinate appointments and meetings for team members. Maintain schedules and calendars for leaders.
- Make travel arrangements and coordinate supporting logistics for team meetings, events, retreats, etc.
- Communicate with customers regarding their accounts.
- Perform data entry assignments for CampLife teams.
- Compose and prepare routine correspondence, reports, memoranda, newsletters, presentations, and other materials as requested. Document and distribute meeting minutes / summaries to appropriate parties.
- Provide regular status updates on the progress on assigned projects.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Pay Type: $18 – $24 per hour
Location: Virtual / Work from home
Want to be a CampLifer? Fantastic!
We believe in hiring smart people and giving them the support they need. Besides working with a team fueled by a mission, you may also enjoy some of these perks:
✓ A fully remote position (even pre-pandemic!)
✓ Competitive paid time off plan, including holidays and your birthday
✓ Health, life, dental, vision, and disability insurance
If this sounds like the type of position that pumps you up (or at least makes you smile) please send a resume and cover letter to jobs@CampLife.com.
When you send those two items, tell us a bit about yourself:
- What was the last book you read and how did it impact you?
- How would you define an excellent team player?
- How have you served others in the past 12 months?
We hope to hear from you soon!
Location: US Locations Only