Operations · Washington, District of Columbia
American Bird Conservancy
Title: Executive Assistant
This position provides high-quality administrative support and coordination for the President.
The individual will report to the President, with a dotted line reporting structure to the Chief Financial & Operations Officer, and will partner across the organization at all levels to help leadership ensure a collaborative and efficient workplace. The successful candidate is an organized and patient trendsetter, with an entrepreneurial mindset and understanding of the nuances between influence and empathy.
- Manage the President’s calendar including scheduling and cancelling appointments, and coordinating internal and external meetings and logistics
- Manage the President’s inbox to ensure timely tracking of projects and responses to internal and external needs
- Comprehensive meeting support including drafting agendas, producing materials, coordinating resources, record keeping, taking minutes, and tracking action items per project
- Respond to internal and external requests by gathering and providing information and referring non-routine requests to the appropriate staff
- Serve as Secretary of the Board
- Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming messages and issues: prioritize important messages for President response and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response for others
- Support the President with the use of platforms and tools including MS Office suite, Zoom, and Slack
- Anticipate needs and execute
- Assist with coordinating travel for the President. This includes setting up appointments with external partners and addressing all logistical details, including detailed travel itineraries.
- 5+ years prior experience providing C-level executive support to the nonprofit sector
- Fluency with MS Office suite (incl. PowerPoint), Zoom, Slack, and other communications channels for remote work
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to work either independently or within a team, and the judgment to know when to do which one
- Ability to anticipate needs, resourcefulness and responsiveness are essential
- Excellent interpersonal, political navigation, and relationship-building skills
- Comfortable with ambiguous and evolving projects
- Ability to travel domestically as needed
- Must be authorized to work in the US or have Permanent Resident Card
- Background screening required
- Benefits include medical, medical flex, and 403(b) plan.
- Paid vacation days (15), holidays (10+), and sick leave.
At American Bird Conservancy, we believe that a diversity of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills makes us more effective. We are committed to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment for all of our employees.
As an equal opportunity employer, ABC is committed to ensuring that employees and applicants for employment have equal opportunities regardless of race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, age, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor unrelated to the requirements of the position.