Gameplay Video Editor-Freelance
at Zwift (View all jobs)
Long Beach, CA
Seniority Level: Associate-Freelance
Location: Long Beach, CA or Remote
About the role and about You:
We’re looking for an experienced Gameplay Video Editor to join the Zwift Brand Creative Team.
You will be responsible for all elements of producing gameplay videos. From in-game footage capture (using our in-house tools), footage selection, video editing, to music selection, adding motion graphics (which are provided by our motion artists) to final delivery of short-form promotional videos. This role is highly focused on all gameplay capture and will require you to learn our in-house technical capturing tools.
You will be responsible for delivering a volume of projects, sometimes to tight deadlines, while staying creative, focused, organized and remaining flexible in your approach.
What you’ll do:
Work closely with project leads and creative team to bring creative ideas to life.
- Understand the Zwift product and learn technical skills to capture imagery from the product and convey it accurately.
- Use Zwift’s in-game engine to shoot gameplay, edit and create all aspects of a video and produce short to mid-length videos for Zwift Marketing purposes.
- Initiate concepts and work within a team to develop videos which have attention to detail and follow brand practices.
- Take responsibility for projects and self-produce/direct when necessary, or alternatively work closely with creative leads to realize a specific vision.
- Look for opportunities to always improve our videos, capture processes and tools.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ Years experience working in Gameplay Video Production.
- Experience using video game capture from a variety of games and engines.
- Expert proficiency with the Adobe Suite, especially Premiere & After Effects.
- Varied reel or portfolio with examples of previous gameplay editing experience.
- Self starter with the ability to work with a team and track on tight deadlines along with the project managers and quickly action feedback given by the team.
- A keen eye for storytelling, pacing and in-game camera composition
- Experience in creating videos for different specific social platforms and other outlets.
- This will be a 4-5 month contract
- Experience as part of an agency studio team is a big plus.
- Interest in and knowledge of the fitness industry (cycling, running, triathlon) is a huge plus!
- Keen interest and knowledge of video games.
- Experience in motion graphics, basic audio editing, Photoshop.
(Colorado only) Minimum salary of $64,100 + bonus + equity + benefits.
(New York only) Minimum salary of $68,900 + bonus + equity + benefits.
How to stand out among the rest:
Your resume/CV is enough to show off your skills, accomplishments, and experience. However, if you choose to include a cover letter introducing us to your awesome personality, we will read that too.
We strongly believe that different backgrounds and ideas are a competitive advantage; we hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. Zwift is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by emailing email@example.com.
Zwift, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Transparency in Coverage:
Health plan price transparency is designed to help consumers know the cost of covered items or healthcare-related services prior to the date upon which they receive care. Transparency in Coverage (TIC) regulations require health insurers and group health plans to create machine readable files (MRFs) that contain the negotiated rates for in-network providers and allowed amounts derived from historical claims for out-of-network providers and make those files publicly available.
Here is the link to the site on which Kaiser Permanente posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs).
Here is the link to the site on which Anthem posts its in-network and out-of-network allowed amount machine-readable files (MRFs). The link will allow you to search for your files using your Employer Identification Number (81-2798595)