A/B is a digital storytelling studio based in NYC creating new narratives about people, power, and social change to transform our politics and the economy. Our team is racially and gender diverse at every level, from entry level to ownership; we are bringing the best-in-class creative strategies usually reserved for the private sector side by side with deep experience in social movements and ventures; and we are building a team that can help a new generation of leaders win the debate on their terms.
This role will be a member of our Design Lab and report into the Creative Director. Grounded in research, informed by movement building and driven by creativity, the Design Lab at A/B brings the sector expertise of the A/B Partners to a new practice in campaign design and execution. Equity is at the heart of our full-service agency, reflected in our team of artists and designers who turn insightful strategies into award-winning creative that reaches, moves and inspires at scale.
We are seeking an experienced Graphic Designer to work in concert within the Design Lab to brainstorm, design and execute innovative multi-platform digital and print experiences. The Graphic Designer will work closely with the Head of Creative and Creative Director to develop sophisticated brand identities and systems.
Special Instructions: Please include a link to your portfolio in the website field.
- Assign, concept and art direction graphic content, illustrations and animations.
- Design responsively across mobile, tablet and desktop platforms.
- Be a strong presence in the ideation and concepting process of dynamic, multimedia cross-platform campaigns.
- Work closely with the Strategy and Experience teams to develop visually rich pitches and presentations.
- Present design concepts and articulate vision to clients on a case-by-case basis with support from senior team members.
- Design and build final web layouts
- BA/BFA in Graphic Design with 2-4 years of digital design experience at a branded content studio, creative advertising agency or editorial publishing company.
- Sophisticated sense of digital design, composition, typography and strong, strategic conceptual skills.
- Proven ability to create powerful photo/illustration moodboards and annotated wireframes/storyboards.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize in a fast-paced environment under tight deadlines.
- Fluent in the full Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Powerpoint, Keynote and Google Slides.
- Comfortable with HTML/CSS for front end design styling.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Have a personal illustration style which can be used on a program by program basis.
- Ability to natively create animations in After Effects.
- Ability to create data visualizations based on reporting and research, feels comfortable work with data-driven stories and graphics.
- Outstanding communication skills. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills are needed. Much of our work depends on responsiveness, timely communication, and detailing the next steps with our partners with clarity and concision.
- Goal-oriented. Our work entails a combination of entrepreneurial creativity and straightforward execution. To maintain continual progress, we collaboratively set and check weekly goals.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are committed to working in diverse teams and committed to creating an equitable and just world for Black and Brown people.
Equity is at the heart of A/B. From the clients we partner with and vendors we engage, to the team we’re building, we are committed to creating opportunities for the diverse community of talented, creative professionals who have been systematically denied opportunities across the professional communications industry. Women, people of color, LGBTI people, people of any religion or nationality and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Opportunities for advancement exist, and A/B is committed to helping all staff develop and grow.