Job Title: Graphic Designer
Work Location: USA (Remote)
Start Date: ASAP
Recently named ‘Adweek Creator Agency of the Year’, Whalar is a global, award-winning creator commerce company that works closely with today’s biggest brands, content creators, and world-leading social platforms to deliver innovative and creative content. We differentiate ourselves by our unique capabilities, including proprietary technology, brand partnership expertise, brilliant creator talent management, and dedicated Web3 innovation practice.
We believe this is a rare chance to join a truly special team and help us shape the future of a highly respected, growth-oriented business committed to doing well by doing good.
As part of our dynamic creative and social team, we are looking for an energetic, passionate, cutting-edge graphic designer who will work with a team to set the visual tone of voice for key brand clients and the new Whalar brand and positioning.
Roles and responsibilities will evolve over time and today include:
- Set visual direction for presentations, proposals, marketing plans, and a variety of other formats and mediums
- Develop a working knowledge of our client’s brands, and produce creative that supports and strengthens their initiatives
- Collaborate with the team to create content for events (incl. Experiential pieces)
- Social content creation for Whalar channels
- Have the ability to work independently and collaboratively and to manage concurrent and competing projects successfully
- Minimum of 4 years experience in social media and design
- Fluency in social media platforms and their unique dynamics, including extensive knowledge of user behaviors and platform features
- Ability to take a brief and interpret it to create a thoughtful execution
- Deep understanding of what makes successful content on social media, from content themes/types to platform best practices
- Firm grasp of culture, a keen understanding of what is relevant, and an eye for upcoming trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Confident when presenting to clients and team members
- Expert at working in Google Slides/Keynote
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign is a MUST
- Experience in accessible design is a plus
Our people are our superpower. At Whalar, diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility are at the core of who we are. We are deeply committed to reflecting on the unique journeys, authentic voices, and perspectives of our people, our creators, and the communities they represent. Our hope is to impact accessibility beyond compliance and help break societal stigmas and stereotypes. We hire great people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and enthusiasm for everything creator, we want to meet you and encourage you to apply.
Whalar is a remote-first working environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves. Whalar is located across 18 states in the US and six countries, including offices in London and Malaga, Spain. Whalar provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs.
- Company-wide yearly bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- 25 days of PTO + Sick days + Winter break
- Retirement planning with employer match
- Monthly phone/internet reimbursement
- Professional development stipend
- Home office allowance
- Fertility benefits
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave
- Calm App Subscription
- Volunteer Days
- Identity theft protection & Legal assistance
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Pet Insurance
- Social Programs
Whalar provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Equal opportunity extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including hiring, promotions, training, working conditions, compensation, and benefits.