Marketing Communications Specialist, Messaging and Guidance
Posting Location : LocationUS-Remote
About the job
Work with strategic, product, and marketing teams to help our global existing and prospective customers understand how Red Hat can help them solve complicated IT and business problems. Our team connects Red Hat content contributors and builds awareness of the importance of quality writing and communication at Red Hat. The Red Hat Content Team is looking for a writer, editor, and researcher to join our messaging enablement program as a Marketing Communications Specialist. In this role, you will work directly with marketers, technology experts, and organizational leaders to plan for, develop, write, and edit messaging materials to be used across a variety of content-creation efforts. You’ll provide developmental editing support for key product, solution, business, and technology messaging and corporate point-of-view materials.
As a Marketing Communications Specialist, you’ll advocate for a consistent voice across all of Red Hat marketing, with a detailed understanding of our writing style and standards and technology industry topics. You will work and learn as part of a team of curious and engaged students of content marketing, digital marketing, translation and localization strategy, branding, community building, and open source technologies. Your priorities will include simplifying, synthesizing, and amplifying the Red Hat voice to engage prospective IT customers positively throughout their entire Red Hat experience. Successful applicants must reside in a state where Red Hat is registered to do business.
What you will do
- Perform deep research on complex technical topics quickly
- Synthesize competing perspectives and offer editing support for key business and technology messaging and corporate point-of-view materials
- Understand Red Hat values and help stakeholders craft messaging materials that connect their offerings to those values, addressing executive, sales, and technical audiences
- Work collaboratively with content contributors across multiple marketing teams to plan for and write engaging messaging that helps Red Hat’s associates and our partners create consistent experiences for existing and prospective customers
- Measure the effectiveness of your projects against defined goals and larger marketing team goals
- Apply your unique skills and insights to take on projects that make Red Hat better
- Serve as an advocate for the Red Hat brand and voice and Red Hat ways of working like collaboration and transparency
- Be a continual student of your craft and share your insights and ideas with others across the company
What you will bring
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively researching, developing, editing, and restructuring complex documents for different audiences and teams
- Effective and persuasive communication skills, including exceptional writing capabilities with a firm grasp on grammar, punctuation, voice, tone, structure, and context
- Solid attention to detail with experience handling multiple priorities and deadlines, establishing priorities, and communicating expectations to stakeholders and peers
- Ability to understand and simplify complex information
- 4+ years of relevant experience working as an editor, researcher, technical writer, or in an associated field
The following are considered a plus:
- Experience using, creating, and maintaining style guides for content; our style is based on Associated Press, but familiarity with Chicago, IBM, or other common guides will also be considered
- Experience with Adobe Analytics, Drupal, Ahrefs, or similar systems and tools
- Experience working with content that will be translated or localized; language skills in more than one language
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account – healthcare and dependent care
- Health Savings Account – high deductible medical plan
- Retirement 401(k) with employer match
- Paid time off and holidays
- Paid parental leave plans for all new parents
- Leave benefits including disability, paid family medical leave, and paid military leave
- Additional benefits including employee stock purchase plan, family planning reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, transportation expense account, employee assistance program, and more!
Note: These benefits are only applicable to full time, permanent associates at Red Hat located in the United States.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Red Hat
Red Hat’s culture is built on the open source principles of transparency, collaboration, and inclusion, where the best ideas can come from anywhere and anyone. When this is realized, it empowers people from diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences to come together to share ideas, challenge the status quo, and drive innovation. Our aspiration is that everyone experiences this culture with equal opportunity and access, and that all voices are not only heard but also celebrated. We hope you will join our celebration, and we welcome and encourage applicants from all the beautiful dimensions of diversity that compose our global village.
Read our complete Statement of Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
COVID-19 Community Standards
Being a Red Hatter means caring for one another and taking steps to protect our colleagues, customers, partners, and communities, even as personal risk tolerances and country regulations vary.
Red Hat continues to support vaccination against COVID-19 as one of the best steps we can take to contribute toward ending the pandemic and to keeping one another, our customers and partners, and our communities safe. Globally, our approach is to comply with vaccination or testing requirements in countries with them.
Read Our COVID-19 Community Standards
Equal Opportunity Policy (EEO)
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Visit the Equal Opportunity Employment Poster
Visit the Pay Transparency and Nondiscrimination Provision
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.