What is Trusted Health?
Trusted, Inc. is the leading digital labor marketplace and workforce management solution for the healthcare industry. We are headquartered in San Francisco but we’ve taken a digital-first approach to building our workforce and the majority of our team resides across the US and abroad.
Trusted was founded in 2017 with a focus on the largest profession in healthcare: nursing. Since then, we’ve taken a process dominated by recruiters and phone calls and converted it to a fully digital experience, connecting nurses directly to job opportunities and handling benefits, payroll, onboarding, and compliance. Our platform provides full employer of record services for employers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
In 2020, we launched our proprietary staffing platform, Works. Works helps hospitals solve one of their biggest challenges: filling every shift in an environment where demand for healthcare services and labor costs are increasing exponentially. With Works, facilities can create their own on-demand nursing workforce and manage all the details from a single system. Using predictive insights and recommendations, Works helps hospitals react to fluctuations in demand, while its staffing marketplace creates competition to fill open job requisitions with high-quality, active talent.
Trusted has support from top institutional investors such as Craft Ventures, Felicis Ventures, StepStone Group, and Founder Collective, as well as healthcare innovators like Texas Medical Center, Mercy Health, Intermountain Ventures, Town Hall Ventures, and Healthbox. Most recently we closed a $149 million Series C round to fund our next stage of growth.
What we’re looking for:
We are looking for an efficient payroll/tax administrator to assist with our large weekly multi-state payroll processing. The payroll/tax administrator’s duties include reviewing employee data, ensuring the accuracy of timesheets, computing wages, assisting with tax/401k audits, registering for new tax jurisdictions, and ensuring employees are paid correctly and on time. To be successful as a payroll/tax administrator you should have strong numeracy skills and be able to multitask effectively. This team-oriented role works closely with peers to audit, prepare, and process both regular and supplemental payrolls (as needed). Successful candidates will have payroll compliance knowledge and general principles of payroll accounting knowledge.
- Quality control/audit timecards
- Process manual weekly adjustments and wire payments (as needed)
- Full cycle payroll processing
- Train cross-functional partners/contractors on payroll guidelines and contract terms & conditions.
- New state/local tax registrations
- Garnishments entries
- Payroll General Ledger reconciliations
- ADP/Looker report creation
- Assist with 401K audits Workers Compensation audits
- Assist with Quarterly/Year end audits
- Research tax notices received and file manual tax returns (as needed)
- Lead & own cross functional projects
- Occasionally work on Sundays as needed
- POC for escalations
Who you are
- Excellent communicator. You speak and write clearly and articulate without being overly verbose or talkative and maintain this standard in all forms of written communication.
- Detail oriented. You are tenacious in learning the ins and outs of our software, thorough in your review of reconciliations, and the kind of person that ensures nothing slips through the cracks.
- Strong work ethic. You are motivated to get things done without being told what to do and bring new ideas to the company, seeking more efficient ways to complete tasks or improve processes.
- Fast learner. Ok, so maybe you haven’t done 100% on the list above, but you’re excited about picking up new things and you think learning curves are more like runways. You’re a self-starter and if provided with the right direction you’ll figure out how to get to the destination.
- Extensive knowledge of the payroll function including preparation, balancing, internal controls, and payroll taxes, preferably healthcare/staffing
- Experience in large Multi-State payroll operations
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting/finance/or business
- Experienced in Excel, including advanced features (i.e., VLOOKUP, Pivot Tables)
- Proficient with payroll software (preferably ADP)
- Fundamentals of Payroll Certification (preferable)
- Leadership experience
- Stock options and competitive compensation package
- Paid vacation & sick time, paid family leave, and flexible work hours
- Employer-paid health insurance, vision, and dental
- Mindfulness and fitness reimbursement
- Monthly cellular phone reimbursement
- Employer-sponsored 401k