Senior Billing Manager (Remote-Home Based Worker)
Location: Remote, Remote, US
Company: Allstate Insurance Company
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
Job Code: 71001970
The ARS Billing Solutions team oversees all Billing business operations setup, processes, billing functions relating to Wholesale and Retail Billing. It involves the responsibility of ensuring that billing operations are efficient in terms of resources, analysis and processes as needed, and effective in terms of meeting customer and business requirements.
The Senior Billing Manager is accountable for providing thought leadership of a new billing system development and implementation. This role has accountability for ensuring that we are able to bill approximately $315.0 million for all rescues completed and the amounts contractually due to Allstate Roadside Services from all partners. In addition the manager has day to day responsibility for directing the activities of Billing Solutions team in order to maximize their contributions to quality customer service and departmental effectiveness while maintaining appropriate efficiency levels. This individual is accountable for interacting with very large partners, revenue of up to $50.0 million to align billing system capabilities with the contractual term of the relationship. This position is a permanent remote home-based worker. Your home office does not need to be near an Allstate office, but it does need to be in the United States. This position is eligible for a monthly connectivity reimbursement to offset the costs of internet and phone expenses.
- Oversee the development and implementation of ARS’s billing system for both wholesale and retail.
- Accountable for providing the thought leadership on required system capabilities
- Partner with the Account Managers to develop contract language that aligns with the billing system capabilities and ensure contract language around billing is executable.
- Work directly with very large customers $30.0 to $50.0 million to ensure all billing is accurate the first time with any and all rejects corrected via gap analysis and process redesign.
- Work with the Billing Supervisors to prioritize functional workload, leveraging individual expertise and deliver timely and cost effective business solutions, for the Billing Department. Ensure the Billing Department meets the SLA’s agreements as outlined by the business and in partner contracts.
- Maintain a detailed level of awareness for high-profile partners, so as to assure, senior level management is apprised of any issues or concerns. Provide regular updates as appropriate, including documentation for business reviews.
- Assists employees in understanding/interpreting data and applying basic policies, procedures and theories.
- Complete performance assessments, and participate in salary planning process.
- Provide developmental guidance as appropriate; including regular one-on-one meeting with direct reports and schedule periodic one-over-one as appropriate.
- Execute cross-functional business projects that extend beyond the scope of a single client or product.
- Interpret transactions related to member information in admin systems.
- Maintain and deliver timeliness and accuracy standards, according to regulatory compliance and business requirement.
- Ensures monthly responsibilities associated with wholesale billing for major partners is approved and complete within contract specifications.
- Implement SOX compliance controls by monitoring and auditing partner invoicing.
- Acts as a consultant during launch process providing experience with reporting and invoicing.
- Mentors employees through new partner launches and leads discussions between internal and external parties.
Education and Experience:
- Previous 5-10 years team leadership experience in billing / invoicing.
- Previous accounts payable and accounts receivables experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Accounting background preferred but not required.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Strong analytical skills.
- SAP Hybris experience.
- Ability to work across teams for resolutions.
- Microsoft Office Suite of Products, emphasis on Excel and Pivot tables.
- Multi-tasking and problem solving.
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $110,000.00-$130,000.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits, visit
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster, click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore, any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry, age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual and reproductive health decision, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, race (include traits historically associated with race, including, but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress), sex, or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, salary administration, promotion, job assignment, benefits, discipline, and separation of employment.