at Prisma Data
At Prisma we are building the data layer for modern applications. If you are fascinated by the software that powers large technology companies such as Twitter, Airbnb, and Facebook but want the challenges, freedom, and ownership of a young startup, then Prisma is the place for you.
During the course of the past year our bottom-up open source adoption strategy has produced exciting results. We have seen high levels of developer adoption and community growth, setting us on the path to become the dominant NodeJS ORM within 12 months.
We’re excited to be growing our design team. You will be the only visual designer at the company, and will join a team with three dedicated Product Designers across the company.
We are looking for a candidate to bring the Prisma brand to life and nurture it to match our communication needs both internally and externally.
Some of the things you will be working on include:
- Define and create a visual language as an extension of the brand (illustrations, icons, colors, typography, animations, etc.).
- Producing brand and marketing initiatives, including web, digital, integrated campaigns, and more—from scoping to final delivery.
- Contribute to the Lens Design System
- Be an advocate for consistent and cohesive design throughout the company.
- Educate others on design thinking, brand experience, and design-driven storytelling.
- Collaborate with our Developer Relations team to establish a clear and concise brand voice, tone, and personality.
- Collaborate with Product Designers to create and maintain a cohesive and consistent brand experience between Marketing and Product.
- Prioritize work and resources across various projects.
- 3 to 6 years of experience designing for web/digital
- A portfolio showcasing professional work, understanding and application of layout, typography and use of color.
- Previous experience working with Marketing and/or Developer Relations teams
- Experience collaborating closely with non-designers and bringing design thinking and processes to a wider team.
- Ability to scope and produce design projects from concept to final execution.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize accordingly, and iterate quickly.
- Effective communication of concepts and design rationale.
- Ability to run and participate in design critiques.
- Previous experience working with Design systems and evolving them.
- Ability to work on a remote environment where communication and collaboration are frequently asynchronous.
- Nice plus: you worked on developer products before
What’s it like to work at Prisma?
You are likely to be great for the team if you:
…have an ownership mindset. As part of a small team, you’ll have an outsize impact on decisions and the way things are executed.
…stay nimble. As a growing startup, the team and strategy evolves quickly. Be ready to re-calibrate often and stay flexible.
…be kind and collaborative. Come in ready to share your ideas and listen to feedback.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunity for large global impact working on one of the fastest-growing open-source tools
- Work either remotely or in our office in Berlin, Germany. For the sake of maintaining an effective working relationship, we are only hiring remote employees between the GMT-5 to GMT+2 timezones.
- Competitive compensation and employee stock options
- Generous tech budget to get you all the tools you need
- Twenty-four paid days off
- [US] Health, dental, vision + 401K matching.
What is the process like?
It is our intention to follow the process below for this position (although you could expect some exceptions when necessary):
- Introductory call with our Talent Team.
- First Interview with the Head of Design.
- Second Interview the Head of Marketing.
- Assignment with compensation, paired with a presentation of your design to the Head of Design, VP of Product and other stakeholders
What do I do now?
If you are interested, please apply by sending us your CV/LinkedIn page and portfolio URL. Portfolios that show your process, thinking and writing in addition to finished products are preferred. We are looking forward to hearing from you and wish you all the best with your application.
Prisma is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.