Sr Executive Assistant
We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
The Senior Executive Assistant provides Thrivent Executives with comprehensive support to include calendar management, meeting coordination, travel planning, and communications support with exceptional accuracy, efficiency, and professionalism. Routine tasks include managing day-to-day schedule, workflow, and action items, handling confidential information, creating presentations and meeting agendas, coordination of meetings, expense management, and follow-up with key stakeholders on behalf of the executive the role supports.
The incumbent must be capable of working in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities. A key skill includes the ability to anticipate the needs of the executive and proactively take initiative to independently solve problems.
The Senior Executive Assistant is an extension of the leaders brand internally and externally and must diplomatically and professionally represent the leader all levels of the organization which includes interacting with various executives, as well as clients. The role requires superior interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) exceptional etiquette, and strong business judgement.
****This can be a remote position within the US.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages extensive and complex calendar(s) in fast-paced dynamic environment. Organizes and coordinates executive’s schedule by arranging appointments, maintaining calendars, and scheduling meetings, conferences, and travel.
- Balances competing priorities and proactively recognizes and adjusts conflicts in a timely manner; works with leader to reprioritize as necessary. Partners with other ELT/CLT Admins to address calendar needs and conflicts in a timely manner to limit disruption to the team.
- Schedules demanding internal and external meetings; adjusts and re-prioritize last-minute changes including logistics, such as conference rooms, events, and catering.
- Proactively reviews and understands meeting agendas where the leader is expected to participate. Recognizes the leader’s commitments and gets in front of and helps to manage demands/expectations/asks.
- Arranges and maintains extensive travel plans and itineraries for both domestic and international travel.
- Works collaboratively with other Executive Admins across the enterprise. Builds a strong network with other administrative assistants throughout Thrivent.
- Handles telephone calls, greets visitors, responds to information requests, and composes correspondence (often of a confidential nature).
- Reconciles and completes expense reports.
- Maintains composure, demonstrates a positive attitude, and adapts to changing priorities in a deadline driven environment.
- Relieves executive of routine and complex administrative details, including data compilation and analysis.
- Prepares meeting agendas and briefings, maintains meeting notes, and tracks completes action items.
- Prepares high-quality work products to include presentation materials, reports, and other documents as required.
- Administers and/or leads projects or processes for division/department.
- Anticipates needs of the ELT/ CLT member, performs duties independently and works on highly confidential matters and tasks.
- Maintains and promotes strong business relationships with key stakeholders in support of management objectives.
Required Job Qualifications
- A minimum of five (5) or more years administrative experience supporting C-Suite Executive(s).
- Two-year degree from business or vocational school. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-directed, able to effectively handle ambiguity, change, and transformation in a fast-paced environment with shifting and often competing priorities.
- Ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Superior interpersonal skills and business etiquette; committed to service excellence.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated ability to produce high-quality documents and presentations.
- Ability to write business correspondence clearly and concisely, using correct grammar, vocabulary, punctuation, and spelling.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and problem-solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations. Understands and considers business priorities.
- Capacity to handle multiple projects or tasks while effectively prioritizing to meet deadlines.
- Aptitude to lead projects as required.
- Ability to maintain integrity of sensitive/confidential information.
- Collaborative team player able to build effective partnerships with colleagues and peers across the enterprise.
- Tenacious, committed, constructive, and detail-oriented with high-energy and sense of urgency.
- Resourceful and knows how to seeks out people and information needed to address internal and external customer needs.
- Demonstrates a “can-do” spirit and takes ownership for successful completion of work/tasks and achievement of results.