Title: Senior Frontend Engineer
Location: Remote – United States
Our mission is to bring community and belonging to everyone in the world. Reddit is a community of communities where people can dive into anything through experiences built around their interests, hobbies, and passions. With more than 50 million people visiting 100,000+ communities daily, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. From pets to parenting, skincare to stocks, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
Reddit is continuing to grow our teams with the best talent. We’re completely remote friendly and will continue to be after the pandemic.
Reddit is poised to rapidly innovate and grow like no other time in its history. This is a unique opportunity to leave your mark on one of the most influential and trafficked corners of the internet.
The Growth division at Reddit helps us achieve our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone in the world through work on multiple teams. We connect users to each other through engaging, real-time chat experiences. We help users encounter the best content at the right time via the right product surface. And we are laying architectural foundations and building experiences to help Reddit communities thrive internationally. These efforts set us up for continued growth, and as a frontend engineer you contribute to the delight of millions of new and existing users.
As a Senior Frontend Engineer, you’ll build and scale the exciting features and services needed to create impactful experiences and spark connections, which will fuel the next wave of Reddit’s growth. With our small team, your work will directly impact hundreds of millions of users around the world. Join us and help build the future of Reddit!
What You’ll Do:
- Work cross-functionally with product, design, and other engineering counterparts to execute on product and business strategy and build novel products and features that our users will love.
- Contribute to the full development cycle: technical design, development, test, experimentation, analysis, and launch. You’ll be reviewing code and design docs, giving feedback on product specs and mocks.
- Participate with a team of thoughtful, fast-moving, and motivated engineers. Contribute to standards that improve developer workflows, recommend best practices, and help mentor junior engineers on the team to grow their technical expertise.
- Continuously learn and improve your technical and non-technical abilities.
Who You Might Be:
- Experience with one or more front-end web frameworks such as LIT, Polymer, React, Vue, or Angular with experience with CSS.
- Experienced with GraphQL, REST, HTTP, Thrift basics, and the ability to design and implement maintainable APIs is a plus.
- Experienced with distributed caching layers, and distributed large scale data storage systems.
- Strong organizational skills, the ability to prioritize tasks and to deliver projects on schedule.
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. You are self-directed, innovative, and biased towards action in fast-paced environments. You love to build new things and thrive in ambiguity and even failure.
- Excellent communication skills. You partner effectively with teams in a fully remote environment and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Annual Personal & Professional development funds
- Comprehensive Health benefits
- Workspace benefits for your home office
- 401k Matching
- Family Planning Support
- Flexible Vacation (please use them!) & Monthly Global Wellness Days
- 4+ months paid Parental Leave
- Paid Volunteer time off
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at ApplicationAssistance@Reddit.com.