Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Drexel’s Office of Institutional Advancement (IA) supports the University’s mission and strategic priorities by generating philanthropic engagement and by building and strengthening relationships among alumni, students, faculty, staff, civic leaders, friends, and foundation and corporate partners. We aspire to create a sustainable and lasting culture of philanthropy at Drexel University by cultivating the next generation of leadership through volunteer initiatives and alumni engagement.
In alignment with Drexel University’s values and priorities, IA is committed to maintaining a flexible and dynamic work environment that promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion; professional and career development; and collaboration and innovation across all our departments.
The Senior Gift Analyst is the primary business and functional analyst for the gift/payment processing team. This position provides expertise in processing complex gift and payment entries; runs regular reports to analyze, review, adjust and report on recording issues; and keeps abreast of related University and industry-wide policies, practices, and compliance guidelines that impact procedures or reporting requirements. This position creates and works with gift administration staff to maintain comprehensive gift/payment processing documentation and delivers any related trainings.
The Senior Gift Analyst works in close partnership with Advancement Information and User Services to facilitate and resolve technical and reporting issues for gift accounting and other revenue processing teams. This position collaborates directly with Advancement and University partners and serves as a business and functional lead on assigned projects related to gift/payment automations or process enhancements.
- Provide expert system knowledge of gift compliance, donor crediting and counting rules to financial processing teams, Advancement staff and/or University partners
- Serve as functional lead on projects to build, maintain and troubleshoot automated and integrated systems: file uploads, batch postings, online forms, payroll deductions, contributory grants, employee giving
- Set up, maintain, and execute procedures to successfully reconcile gift and other revenue totals on a timely basis (daily, weekly, and monthly)
- Works closely with gift/payment processing leads to ensure workflow meets monthly close and other financial reporting deadlines
- Perform scheduled and ad hoc auditing of department protocols to ensure accuracy of donation/payment entries and donor information; includes reviewing inefficient processes, coding practices, and donation write-offs
- Work closely with gift processors and compliance partners to review gift/pledge agreements to assure appropriate gift entry and fund allocation set up; includes ongoing audits to ensure gift designation reflects donor intent and compliant with accounting standards
- Proactively recommend and implement new system table entries to support data integrity and enhanced reporting; includes creation of process maps for testing and execution of new data inputs and procedures
- Review and approve new fund allocation entries in Advancement’s primary database for consistency across systems and with reporting
- Manage financial reporting and prompt responses to General Accounting and Comptroller offices. Includes, but not limited to, preparation and delivery of monthly pledge activity reports, reconciliation reports, and pending designation status reports to Office of Comptroller
- Create and maintain reports to support gift and data processing operations, e.g., undesignated gift/pending fund report, pledge status report, batch audit report
- Work with marketing and technology partners to update or create customized system gift entry forms to support data integrity, throughput, and ease of entry: batch entry forms, online payment forms, fund/allocation entry forms, etc
- Develop and maintain standard or customized donor giving summaries, fund activity summaries and outstanding pledge reports
- Work with Finance and Advancement’s gift compliance and frontline partners to create key reports to effectively monitor and report on fund activity to determine when requirements or giving thresholds have been met, i.e., fund available for spending, establishment of memorial funds
- Prepare financial and gift-related data for internal and external surveys or reports: 990 Financial Report, CASE’s Volunteer in Support of Education, College of Medicine annual survey, data for accreditation entities, etc
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in fundraising, accounting, and/or data-related management
- Knowledge of fundraising databases and data management, preferably in Higher Education
- Proficient in SQL querying (PL/SQL) preferred or equivalent programming skills
- Advanced functional knowledge of MS Excel, MS Word, and familiarity with other Office products for effective communications, training, and documentation management
- Familiar with reporting applications and tools desired: Tableau, OBIEE, etc
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- Proven critical thinking skills to research inquiries and identify root causes and solutions to address promptly
- Ability to effectively handle situations that require sensitivity, diplomacy, and composure; and maintain high confidentiality
- Demonstrated effective verbal, written, editing, technical, and interpersonal skills, and proven strong customer service skills
- Must be collaborative and have strong organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the ability to work independently
- High degree of flexibility needed to meet changing needs of department
- Motivated to learn, flexible to change and innovative
- Typically sitting at a desk/table
- Typically standing, walking
This position is classified as Exempt with a salary grade of L. For more information regarding Drexel’s Professional Staff salary structure, https://drexel.edu/hr/career/ducomp/salstructure/
Special Instructions to the Applicant
All interested applicants must apply through Drexel Careers: https://careers.drexel.edu/en-us/job/499119/senior-gift-analyst
Please make sure you upload your CV/resume and cover letter when submitting your application.
Review of applicants will begin once a suitable candidate pool is identified.
Drexel University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that welcomes individuals from diverse and neurodiverse backgrounds and perspectives, and believes that an inclusive and respectful environment enriches the University community and the educational and employment experience of its members. The University prohibits discrimination against individuals on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, status as a veteran or special disabled veteran, gender identity or expression, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions and any other prohibited characteristic.
Background investigations are required for all new hires as a condition of employment, after the job offer is made.