Senior Paralegal, Law and Regulation
Location: United States – Remote
The world isn’t standing still, and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly, looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks, challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity, inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead, drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength, and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts, air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication, telematics, digital photo claims and, more recently, device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
This is a senior paralegal role within the Dispute Resolution Services (DRS) Division of Allstate’s Legal Department (Law and Regulation). This Division principally manages litigation, including class actions, employment matters, and extra-contractual/bad faith and coverage suits. The Senior Paralegal will provide support across DRS, and the role’s primary duties include supporting legal counsel in management of litigation/disputes, including extensive coordination with internal and external contacts, end-to-end management of discovery, and proactively monitoring, identifying, and analyzing relevant issues/developments in pending and threatened matters.
- Conduct, summarize, and analyze complex factual research; perform fact gathering; research and analyze applicable laws, regulations, and case law.
- Serve as end-to-end discovery project manager, coordinating with internal and external contacts to drive and deliver on document and information collection, witness identification and interviews, and evidence collection, preparation, and preservation. This includes scheduling and leading cross-functional meetings, reporting on progress to matter attorney, developing deadlines and ensuring they are met.
- Serve as project manager on various internal and external reports, including coordinating and updating presentation content and creating presentation materials for various key stakeholders (internal and external).
- Serve as project manager on various complex and multi-faceted projects requiring extended diligence and follow-through.
- Manage maintenance of electronic file management system, including creating/opening new matters, inputting case status updates, ensuring data entries are complete, accurate, and updated (including case status and disposition), and uploading key documents to files.
- Provide general administrative support to assigned matter attorneys as necessary, including scheduling meetings, booking travel, and processing expense reports and invoices.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of related experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- ABA approved paralegal certificate required
- Project Management Professional Certification, preferred
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep familiarity with litigation and dispute resolution processes, including discovery stages and trial preparations
- Strong sense of urgency with proven ability to prioritize work and manage multiple complex matters in a fast-faced and dynamic environment
- Strong client service orientation
- Agile thinker and creative problem-solver
- Collaborative team player
- Budget management skills
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to collaborate and interact with all levels of personnel and build strong relationships with business colleagues
- Strong knowledge and experience working with digital platforms, software, and programs including Microsoft Office suite, Microsoft Teams, and PDF
- Ability to work in a remote work home office environment
- Strong experience utilizing legal digital tools (e.g., Relativity)
- Experience and/or familiarity with LexisNexis
- Insurance or other regulated industry experience
The preceding description is not designed to be a complete list of all duties and responsibilities. May be required to perform other related duties as assigned. Regular, predictable attendance is an essential function of this job.
Compensation offered for this role is $52,000.00-$80,200.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life — including a generous paid time off policy.