Title: Conversa Sr. Quality Assurance Engineer
Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 150 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 80 million lives.
Conversa Health is helping to fundamentally transform healthcare from reactive to proactive by partnering with health systems and other healthcare organizations who use our Automated Virtual Care & Triage platform to improve patient care and health. We have a library of programs – ranging from chronic care management to post-acute, perioperative, pre and post procedure, cancer, new parents, etc.- that guide patients on evidence-based pathways to better health outcomes. The magic that makes this work are the automated, personalized digital conversations ( chats ) that are designed to maximize engagement, collect valuable patient-generated health data (PGHD), analyze that data, and use it to drive positive behaviors/actions.
Quality in delivery and execution is at the heart of what we do. The stakes are even higher for platforms like Conversa, which directly support at-risk patients to support them towards healthier outcomes. In this role, you’ll be ensuring that our delivery practices have validation of quality as a primary goal both in evidence reporting as a consequence of development practices, but also through the implementation of automated quality checks that reduce manual efforts and halt releases based on lack of adherence to platform KPIs. We work in a highly regulated environment, where there is a lot of inherent skepticism and traditional bias on the ability to remove the human element from proving safety around interacting with patients and shaping their personal health journey we want to change that with your help.
- Development of test strategy, and aligned test plans for the various components of the core Conversa platform
- Develop unique test strategies in conjunction with custom client implementations
- Influence engineering practices to continuously reflect best practices for quality engineering
- Design and implementation of test automation scripts for functional and integration tests
- Incorporate test execution results into core build/release processes
- Works closely with the development team to incorporate test efforts into a delivery plan
- Supports quality coverage and conformance reporting for releases
- Develops and manages public platform KPIs and adherence plan
Measures of Success
- You raise the engineering team’s awareness and focus on quality engineering on a daily basis
- Act as a quality ‘spirit guide’ to your peers and organization at large
- Show a constant focus on automation and evidence-based metrics that prove quality of release in an unassailable manner
- You strive to work yourself (and your team by extension) out of manual tasks
- Team and partners see you as a trusted confidante to improve the organization and platform overall
- 5+ years of experience in software test planning and execution
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Hands-on experience with functional test automation tools (Playwright, Cypress, etc.)
- Experience with API-based testing (endpoint execution and model conformance)
- Experience and knowledge of load testing tools and strategies, and performance test strategies
- Knowledge of dynamic security testing approaches and tools (PEN testing)
- Experience with exploratory and negative/boundary testing strategies
Working at Amwell:
Amwell is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. We’re a culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic.
Our Core Values include One Team, Customer First, and Deliver Awesome. Customer First and Deliver Awesome are all about our product and services and how we strive to serve. As part of One Team, we operate the Amwell Cares program, which brings needed assistance to our communities, whether that be free healthcare for the underserved or for people affected by natural disasters, support for equality, honoring doctors and nurses, or annual Amwell-matched donations to food banks. Amwell aims to be a force for good for our employees, our clients, and our communities.
Amwell cares deeply about and supports Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. These initiatives are highlighted and reflected within our Three DE&I Pillars – our Workplace, our Workforce and our Community.
Amwell is a “virtual first” workplace, which means you can work from anywhere, coming together physically for ideation, collaboration and client meetings. We enable our employees with the tools, resources and opportunities to do their jobs effectively wherever they are! Amwell has collaboration spaces in Boston, Tysons Corner, Portland, Woodland Hills, and Seattle.
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation time)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Paid Parental Leave (Maternity and Paternity leave)
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Free access to Amwell’s Telehealth Services, SilverCloud and The Clinic by Cleveland Clinic’s second opinion program
- Free Subscription to the Calm App
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Pet Insurance