Senior Sales Development Representative – United States (Remote)
Andela exists to connect brilliance and opportunity. Since 2014, we have been dedicated to breaking down global barriers and accelerating the future of work for both technologists and organizations around the world.
For technologists, Andela offers competitive long term career opportunities with leading organizations, access to a global community of professionals, and education opportunities with leading technology providers.
For companies, Andela provides access to a global network of fully integrated team members that unlock their business’ innovation and growth potential.
At Andela, we are deeply passionate about creating long-lasting and transformative growth opportunities for all and doing it in an E.P.I.C. way.
We are excited to continue building our remote first team with incredible people like you!
Who are you?
You work well under pressure, think out-of-the-box, easily initiate relaxed yet informative two-way phone and email conversations with prospects, and are highly self-motivated. You understand how to assess a company’s needs and cater the outreach to each prospect specifically. You will be expected to report on qualification and call activity and stay thoroughly informed on all services and the engineering industry in general.
- Researching potential engineering leader prospects, contacting them via phone, email, and social media, qualifying them, educating prospects about the services and scheduling meetings with the sales team in a high-activity, high-energy environment
- Independently build and manage your pipeline leveraging our outbound sales software, including Salesforce.com and Salesloft, setting aggressive goals and achieving them
- Provide smooth and value-add transitions into longer conversations with our Account Executives
- Shadow your dedicated Account Executive in meetings and other activities to help you build out your sales skill set and prepare for future roles
- Develop your sales skills via active participation in ongoing trainings
- Thrive with the support of your teammates in weekly meetings and challenging team contests
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Persistence and ability to focus on the task at hand
- The ability to triage competing priorities
- Track record of over-achieving goals, in the classroom, on the playing field, or in business
- 1-3+ years of work experience, start-up or trained sales experience a plus
- A strong desire to grow your career in sales
- Live Andela’s EPIC Values professionalism and integrity are a must!
- Fully Remote work culture – we hire globally and all of our roles are fully remote!
- Bring your own device stipend – buy your own laptop with funds from Andela
- Quarterly work from home stipends
- Flexible working hours
- Equity (as a part of compensation package)
- Healthcare, 401k / pension (US only)
- Andela Affinity Groups
- Growth & development paths
- Generous Paid Time Off, Parental Leave, Compassionate Leave
- And more to come! We’re on a journey to reimagine global benefits at Andela
At Andela, we outcompete through diversity. We know that our strengths lie in the multiplicity of talents, perspectives, backgrounds & orientations resident in our community and we take pride in that. Andela is committed to a work environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and dignity. Each individual has the right to work in a professional atmosphere that promotes equal employment opportunities and prohibits discriminatory practices. Andela provides equal employment opportunities and workplace to all employees and applicants without regard to factors including but not limited to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy (including breastfeeding), genetic information, HIV/AIDS or any other medical status, family or parental status, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Our policies expressly prohibit any form of harassment and/or discrimination as stated above.
Andela is home for all, come as you are.