Title: Senior Software Engineer, Anti-Tracking
A lot of companies say they’re mission-driven . Our unique corporate structure guarantees that every decision we make upholds our mission: to make sure the internet stays available, safe, and welcoming to everyone. Beholden to neither shareholders nor investors, Mozilla Corporation is wholly owned by the not-for-profit Mozilla Foundation.
Along with 20,000+ volunteer contributors and collaborators all over the world, Mozilla Corporation’s staff designs, builds, and distributes software that allows people to enjoy the internet on their own terms. Our flagship product the Firefox browser has expanded into a family of products that protects users and alerts them of risks.
The Firefox team is a community of engineers who care deeply about delivering the fastest, friendliest, most usable browser possible. We are responsible for making the things you see in the browser work securely, quickly, and well!
Our team is geographically-distributed, and working in the open is the norm. We contribute to the code driving the Firefox browser on a number of desktop platforms – Windows, Linux, and macOS. Our focus is on implementing and fixing things in Firefox as well as helping other teams make it excellent for our users.
Do you enjoy making people delighted with solutions to their problems? Do you like to collaborate with designers to implement new interfaces? Are you interested in learning how to write performant, secure code, and deliver it to hundreds of millions of people? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
What You’ll Get To Do
- Write code and tests, build prototypes, tackle problems with no clear solution, collaborate with other designers and engineers to make the web a better place.
- Learn about a wide variety of problems and solutions across a large, mature codebase.
- Help educate engineers on other teams through code reviews, giving talks, and/or writing documentation.
- Work with driven, committed team members to bring the open web to people around the world.
What You Bring
- You have the ability to easily switch contexts and work on several projects at the same time.
- You have an interest in and ability to work with a distributed team (which requires good asynchronous written communication skills as well as good verbal communication skills).
- You are happy to provide and receive constructive feedback; when you see something that can be improved, you act on it.
- You can build consensus on complex issues, through your empathy, internal credibility and visibility.
- You know how to approach an existing codebase and improve its architecture through small, planned interventions.
- Reading and understanding C++ and/or Rust.
- Unafraid of asking questions, and proposing new ideas if you think they will make a positive impact.
- A love of helping your colleagues grow and get better at what they do.
We value a variety of voices within our team and at Mozilla. You don’t need to check every box on this list to apply.
Mozilla exists to build the Internet as a public resource accessible to all because we believe that open and free is better than closed and controlled. When you work at Mozilla, you give yourself a chance to make a difference in the lives of Web users everywhere. And you give us a chance to make a difference in your life every single day. Join us to work on the Web as the platform and help create more opportunity and innovation for everyone online.
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request an accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.
Req ID: R1787