Social Media Content Coordinator – Remote
Marketing/Communications United States Portland, Oregon
Job ID #1778
Social Media Content Coordinator – Remote
The Social Media Content Coordinator, reporting to the Creative Director, Content and Social, will establish and execute strategies that drive increased engagement with NWEA across our social media channels. This role will manage the day-to day operational duties for our organic social media and collaborate with demand generation stakeholders to drive paid social tactics aligned to campaign goals. In addition, this role will elevate NWEA key spokespeople across our channels to build our voice and share perspectives. As part of the content team, this role will also play an important part in writing, editing, and deploying effective marketing content for the organization.
- Cultivate the presence of NWEA and our key spokespeople on social media channels to build awareness and preference for our products, services, and strategic
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in defining social media strategy, and then execute on strategies to increase content and engagement across channels
- Manage our day-to-day social media calendar, including writing and scheduling all posts.
- Drive social media content creation with a focus on video and viral platforms (Instagram Reels, TikTok, YouTube)
- Work with content and creative teams to create best-in-class social video content
- Monitor social influencers and key social audiences, including educators, school leadership, education policy leaders, and NWEA partners.
- Lead traffic management activities of NWEA organic social media, and support the development of content to support campaigns deliverables.
- Provide social media guidelines, training and support to key staff to reinforce the awareness and leadership strategies and contribute to constructive online conversations
- Define and monitor social media KPIs, compile and distribute social media reports to stakeholders to internal teams
- Maintain publishing calendars and collaborate with research, policy, professional learning, and sales teams and vendors to align social media with content and campaigns
- Oversee and leverage tools for social media management and measurement, including employee social advocacy tools
- Manage marketing content to ensure continued success on social channels
- Strategize, write, and edit content for the marketing team
- Highlight and interact with user generated content
- Manage and/or coordinate vendor relationships related to social media
- Stay current on industry best practices through external benchmarking and other thought leadership forums; proactively document and share best practices with the broader team
Skills and Abilities
- Proven track record for driving organic social media growth and engagement across multiple channels
- Strong copywriting and editing skills
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of different social media platforms’ nuances and key audiences
- Strong knowledge of social media analytics and familiarity with monitoring platforms such as Sprout Social
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills
- Experience working successfully with multiple stakeholders and contributors in a collaborative environment
- Strong project management and planning skills to manage multiple projects and competing priorities simultaneously for seamless
- Self-organized and detail oriented
- Deep understanding of online communities and how to build, measure and grow them
- Solid experience using analytics and reporting tools
- Team player with ability to facilitate and own cross-functional collaboration
- Must be able to perform the physical and intellectual requirements of the role, with or without accommodation
- Uses customer insights to drive and guide the development of new offerings
- Swiftly removes barriers to communication and ensures strong dialogue between individuals and teams.
- Shows a tremendous amount of initiative in tough situations; is exceptional at spotting and seizing opportunities.
- Sets aggressive goals and has high standards
- Models high standards of honesty and integrity
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism; or an equivalent combination of experience and education will be considered in lieu of a degree
- 1-3 years’ experience in social media management, content marketing, digital marketing, journalism, or public relations is highly desired
- Successful track record of increased engagement with audiences across social media channels
- Knowledge of K12 education a plus
NWEA® is a research-based, not-for-profit organization that supports students and educators worldwide by creating assessment solutions that precisely measure growth and proficiency—and provide timely data to help tailor instruction. For more than 40 years, NWEA has developed innovative pre-K–12 assessments, including our flagship interim assessment, MAP® Growth™; our progress monitoring and skills mastery tool, MAP® Skills™; and our reading fluency and comprehension assessment, MAP® Reading Fluency™. Educators trust our professional learning offerings to accelerate student learning and our research to support assessment validity and data interpretation. More than 11 million students in 146 countries use our solutions to support their learning and growth each year.
NWEA strives to make diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) practices the center of our work. Our organization’s mission, Partnering to Help All Kids Learn, is the foundation for our DEIA commitment as we work to reflect, value, and support the educators, students, colleagues, and communities we serve. We seek to empower and engage all stakeholders in the research, services, solutions, and products we provide, our organizational culture, and the partnerships we establish with schools, districts, states, and countries.
NWEA endeavors to make www.nwea.org accessible to all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please call us at (503) 624-1951 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the nature of your request, your location and your contact information. This is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
NWEA is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. For our EEO Policy Statement, please visit our website. If you’d like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please visit the EEOC website