Open to Internal and External Candidates
Position Title : Operations Assistant (Data Processing and Movements)- FRTF
Duty Station : San Salvador, El Salvador
Classification : General Service Staff, Grade G5
Type of Appointment : Special Short Term Graded 6 months with possibility of
Estimated Start Date : As soon as possible
Closing Date : February 25th, 2022
Reference Code : SVN2022/002 SV
Established in 1951, IOM is a Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the general supervision of the Programme Manager in Washington DC and the direct
supervision of the Project Associate in El Salvador, the Operations Assistant (Field Support)
is responsible for undertaking movement operations activities in the field, with the following
duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
· Record demographic and biographic information in MiMOSA upon receipt of the
· Request for travel while confirming receipt to third parties. Notify the Project Associate in El Salvador of the receipt of new requests for travel assistance.
· Coordinate, schedule, and book travel for individuals upon receipt of travel-ready status and/or request in accordance with travel requirements, including but not limited to the distribution of Advance Booking Notifications (ABNs), updates, domestic flights, cancellations and departure notifications.
· Compile and analyze descriptive statistics, using I-GATOR to capture costs in accordance with local practices and RMM guidelines and standards, and in close coordination with supervisors, identify and assign escorts to accompany vulnerable individuals.
· Secure, and account for travel documents in accordance with the local Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Ensure secure storage of documentation and data in accordance with IOM principles and guidelines while guaranteeing limited access to physical files.
· Assist in preparing regular data mining reports in order to ensure that MiMOSA is up-to-date, accurate and maintains the integrity of relevant Movement Operations projects.
· Provide regular feedback on work being accomplished to the Project Associate in El Salvador and keep supervisors immediately informed of any issues that arise.
· Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of relevant Movement Operations SOPs and Movements-related systems and databases, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with migrants and colleagues per the IOM Code of Conduct and instruction on the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA.)
· Maintain and ensure the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Associate in El Salvador or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
· Perform such other duties as may be assigned*
Required Qualifications and Experience
• Completed secondary [high school] education required and five years of relevant working experience; three years of working experience with a Bachelor’s degree;
• Prior Movement Operations or transportation experience is a strong advantage.
• Previous work with international organization is an asset
• Strong computer skills – Word, Excel and Internet; past experience with Movement Operations-related databases and systems (including iGATOR, MiMOSA, SAR and Amadeus) is a strong advantage.
Fluency in Spanish and English (oral and written)
• Inclusion and respect for diversity respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintain high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
How to apply
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested internal candidates are invited to submit their applications by completing and sending the Internal Application Form (form attached), a letter of interest, and a CV to the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org by February 25th, 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
External Candidates that comply with the profile will need to send the Resume and a letter of interest to email@example.com by February 25th, 2022 at the latest, referring to this advertisement.
Any offer made to the candidates in relation to this vacancy is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
KEEP IN MIND:
• The motivation/cover letter should be a maximum of 1 page long and in English. It should state the position(s) you are applying for
• The CV should be a maximum of 2 pages long and in English.
• Only the applications that comply with the required profile will be taken into consideration.
• Those applications received after the due date or the ones that don’t include the name of the position, will not be considered.
• This vacancy is open for local staff or international staff with legal permit to work in the Country.
• The attachment shouldn’t weight over 2 MB.