Location: International, Anywhere; 100% Remote
Paymentology is the first truly global issuer-processor, giving banks and fintechs the technology, team and experience to rapidly issue and process Mastercard, Visa and UnionPay cards across more than 50 countries, at scale.
Our advanced, multi-cloud platform, offering both shared and dedicated processing instances, vast global presence and richer, real-time data, set us apart as the leader in payments.
Our Product Team is looking for a passionate Technical API Writer who can easily write for audiences of varying technical expertise.
What you get to do:
You will contribute to https://developer.paymentology.com/, our API documentation and open-source projects.
You will be responsible for creating and maintaining end-user documentation which may include creating conceptual information, step-by-step procedures, API descriptions and example commands.
You will be one of the first to try Paymentology’s new features, as you work with our developers and designers to improve the user experience and API design. You need to care deeply about the power of the written word, effective communication, and what makes a great reader experience. You need to enjoy writing for a global technical audience.
- Own and Manage Technical Document Creation
- Own the creation, management and distribution of all technical documentation (quick start guides, installation guides, user guides)
- Own, create and maintain external documentation for all Paymentology products and services on the portals (using Swagger Documents for the API reference)
- Analyse existing and potential content
- Review existing documentation to ensure up-to-date and accurate information
- Look for opportunities to create documents, which will be useful to end-users
- Lead the process to create documents, working with internal teams to build the content
- Documentation processes across Paymentology
- Assist with leading and building the strategy to develop and maintain consistency in documentation across Paymentology
What it takes to succeed:
- A technical background that enables easy interaction with software developers
- A demonstrated ability to deliver high-quality technical documentation that helps customers
- Expertise at writing for both technical and non-technical audiences, with knowledge of XML and REST protocols
- 2+ years of experience writing API documentation
- Familiarity with one or more technical content authoring and content management tools
- A love of scoping and planning technical writing deliverables based on product plans, prototypes and specification
- An ability to develop cross-functional rapport and relationships with stakeholders
- Familiarity with common source control and bug tracking tools (Git, JIRA)
- A love for creating visuals, such as screenshots and videos, using screen capture and screen recording tools
- A self-starter, with great attention to detail, strong time-management skills and an eagerness to learn about complex systems quickly
- A passion for research, requirements gathering, planning, SEO writing, editing, proofreading and devotion to customer success
English is our company language, so it is important that you are able to communicate fluently. This is a full-time, remote contractor position and we are looking for candidates in EMEA. Working flexible hours is essential for our remote team to function.
What you can look forward to:
At Paymentology we value making a difference to the lives of the people who work for us and who live in the communities where we operate. You can look forward to working with a diverse, global team where Paymentologists at all levels play an important part in our global mission to advance the world through payments and make a difference on a global scale.