Technical Writer – Worldwide
Remote – Worldwide
This is a remote job for applicants worldwide!
Dreaming, owning, trusting and sharing is the basis of who we are as Rocketeers and we’re looking for someone who sees themselves in this too! So if you take initiative and responsibility, while being accountable and freely giving and asking for feedback, aways working with transparency in your actions and tasks, this role is for you!
Our platform is a highly distributed system leveraging modern database and messaging technologies. As a technical writer, you will use your writing and technical skills to write clear and consistent documentation and tutorials on high-complexity features. You will write for experienced developers, non-technical users, and business decision-makers. Your work will support a large global community of Rocket.Chat users.
We are looking for a Technical Writer to create and/or edit developer product documentation. This includes organizing, creating, and maintaining APIs, SDKs online help systems, user and installation guides, knowledge base articles, and other customer-facing materials.
The technical writer will be a member of the Product team and will work closely with our teams to understand all aspects of our product suite, with a focus on developer documentation.
- Minimum of 3 years of software technical writing experience, creating helpful, interesting, well-organized, consistent, high-quality content from scratch
- Excellent written communication skills in English
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture
- Must have good interpersonal skills
- Be comfortable working independently to gather information from engineers and product managers about new features
- Have experience with SEO (technical SEO, keywords, etc…)
- Knowledge markup languages like markdown
- Familiarity with single-source authoring, docs-as-code workflow, and version control systems like git/GitHub
- Familiarity with Open API, Postman for testing and documenting API endpoints
- Enjoy learning and using new products, testing the documentation you write, and becoming an expert user
- Be confident and proactive in managing multiple tasks and solving problems in a fast-paced environment to create dynamic content for incremental feature delivery
- Comfortable with remote work, especially in collaboration with others across countries and time zones
What you’ll do
- Create, revise, publish, and continuously improve the Rocket.Chat’s documentation in collaboration with engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders.
- Work in Agile development environments, documenting APIs, (REST, and SOAP) or other programming languages with the ability to understand and write sample code
- Review and edit documentation for all new and enhanced features.
- Conduct reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the Rocket.Chat community
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code to reduce ground-up efforts of external developers.
- Contribute to the continual improvement of our documentation through feedback analysis, support tickets, and interviews
- Constantly learning about Rocket.Chat and its integrations by exploring them yourself and communicating with other team members
Wherever you are our goal is to make your routine as a Rocketeer feel enjoyable, exciting, and comfortable, so if you are remote or working from our office in Porto Alegre (Brazil) you’ll receive a set of benefits to improve your work experience! They include a flexible schedule, multicultural environment with colleagues in over 30 countries, a vibrant company culture, remote work as you wish, unlimited Paid Time Off, language and tech courses and more!
Rocket.Chat is the world’s largest open source communications platform. Built for organizations that need more control over their communications, it enables collaboration between colleagues, partners, customers, communities, and even platforms without compromises on data ownership, customizations, or integrations.
Tens of millions of users in over 150 countries and organizations such as Deutsche Bahn, the U.S. Navy and Credit Suisse trust Rocket.Chat every day to keep their communications completely private and secure.
As Rocket.Chat we believe in reconnecting the world, one conversation at a time! See yourself in that? So apply now!