Title: Technical Writer, Editor
Location: US National
- Type: Regular Full-Time
At Criterion Systems, we developed a different kind of business a company whose real value is a reputation for excellence built upon the collective skills, talents, perspectives, and backgrounds of its people. By accepting a position with Criterion Systems, you will join a group of professionals with a collaborative mindset where we share ideas and foster professional development to accomplish our goals. In addition to our great culture, we also offer competitive compensation and benefit packages, company-sponsored team building events, and advancement opportunities.
Criterion Systems, Inc., is seeking a Technical Writer/Editor to support a USDA contract based in Ft Collins, Colorado. The contract supports a variety of customers with DEVOPS, DEVSECOPS, and Architecture support.
This is a remote position.
- Creates and edits technical and other business documentation, reports and creates presentations, such as user manuals, training materials reports, write papers, Web content, online help, etc.
- Confers with subject matter experts and others to collect and organize information required for creation of documentation.
- Conducts documentation and audience needs analysis, and recommends appropriate approach and deliverables to project managers.
- Assists others with appropriate phrasing for document content. Plans documentation development process and coordinates writing projects.
- Manages multiple document review cycles and maintains change control for documents as needed.
- Completes writing assignments according to organizational standards regarding order, style, terminology, and format.
- Selects photographs, illustrations, charts, etc. to illustrate material as appropriate.
- May develop presentations and graphics, or assist others in doing so.
- May support training development and delivery.
- May maintain documentation repository.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to develop a strong, functional, up-to-date, and well-curated internal knowledge base
- Writing reports and proposals for audiences of varying levels, project leads to business executives utilizing MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Writing Knowledge Base articles and creating standard document and report templates
- Work closely with SME’s to build out internal documentation sites and solicit accurate information
- Deliver accurate functional documentation on time and with a high degree of quality
- Document best practices across the organization in real time
- Bachelor’s degree in a writing-intensive field or significant work experience in a fast-paced enterprise technology-development environment
- Strong team-player attributes with outstanding communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management and prioritization skills
- Information gathering and interviewing skills
- Experience in developing internal business and technical documentation
- Comfort with changing dynamic software development situations
- Experience in capturing and maintaining institutional knowledge
- Experience using MS Office Suite
- Experience using MS SharePoint
- Advanced/Expert level of Excel skills
- Experience in using enterprise-grade bug tracking systems such as Jira
- Experience in using Atlassian Confluence to maintain document libraries
- Experience in Section 508 accessibility standards/Trusted Tester Certification
- Experience in Agile environments
- 5 years experience