Vice President, Client Solutions (CPG)
Commercial – Client Services
People are at the heart of our business, so our Client Service team works closely with clients to create relationships, make impactful recommendations that help grow businesses, and identify new client opportunities.
Nielsen is looking for a VP, Client Solutions to join our CPG Advertiser Account team. This talented team focuses on empowering CPG brands to connect more directly with customers by combining Nielsen’s world-class data, analytics, media planning, marketing activation and measurement capabilities.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by a group of enthusiastic and empowered risk-takers who seek to build connections between consumers and brands through our data assets and solutions. Together we are not only helping the world’s biggest brands make better and faster marketing and media decisions, we are continuously innovating and establishing best practices within the media industry.
As a VP, Client Solutions in the Advertiser Account team, this role includes a blend of responsibilities, nurturing and growing existing accounts & client relationships as well as opening new doors and fostering emerging relationships to penetrate and grow Nielsen’s footprint with CPG Advertisers.
The ideal candidate will come with consultative selling and deep account management experience, business development expertise, and a firm understanding of the marketing/media landscape. Understanding of Nielsen solutions and experience in CPG industry is a big plus.
You will be expected to be adaptable to work across our key client functions including Insights, Marketing, Brand Management, Media, Media Agency partners, Information Technology, and Procurement. Internally, you will work with all key Nielsen business areas including Digital, Planning, and Optimization, working with Commercial, Operations, Product Development, Product Marketing, Finance and Legal business partners.
Success in this role will be ultimately measured against revenue growth targets, tied to growing existing accounts as well as expanding partnerships with new and lapsed clients. Additionally, the VP of Client Solutions will be gauged on his/her ability to be a leader for Nielsen, helping the organization excel against its cultural, operational, and industry goals.
- Create/Apply client growth/penetration strategies for existing and new accounts
- Develop an understanding of Nielsen products and solutions.
- Penetrate and establish enduring relationships with senior decision makers at clients.
- Work all deals through the formalized Nielsen Enterprise Sales Process.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams both internally and externally.
- Identify trends, new product ideas based on client feedback back to product management to enable/unlock strategy and growth opportunities.
- Drive overall high customer satisfaction to enable both short and long term revenue growth
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred but not required.
- 10+ years of successful experience in a revenue-focused client management and consulting role within the advertising and marketing services industry.
- Demonstrated record of creating account plans, growing sales, and exceeding revenue targets.
- Knowledge and experience in the CPG industry.
- Strong knowledge and proven experience in Outcome Solutions highly preferred (Marketing Mix, Multi-touch Attribution, Lift)
- Strong knowledge of advertising systems and business models.
- Demonstrated ability to create value for clients through problem solving and application of analytics and technology.
- Outgoing, confident individual who is comfortable presenting to senior executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to articulate complex issues in a concise and polished manner to a diverse audience.
- Knowledgeable about digital marketing, understanding of web technologies.
- Strong MS Office skills – PowerPoint presentations, Excel analysis, etc.
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time. Amount of travel will depend on the location of the candidate’s residence. Location requirements are flexible.
By connecting clients to audiences, we fuel the media industry with the most accurate understanding of what people listen to and watch. To discover what audiences love, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are truly connected to their audiences, they can see the most important opportunities and accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.