- Remote Worldwide
- Job Openings
- Account Executive
We believe time is our most precious resource and our mission is to help leaders shift their time from things they have to do, to what will help them reach their most important professional and personal goals.
We match our clients with a highly vetted and trained Philippines-based Executive Assistant. They are exceptional delegation partners who are motivated by impact and custom matched to our clients’ professional and personal needs.
Athena was founded in 2019 by Jonathan Swanson (Co-Founder of Thumbtack; took it to 1k+ employees and $1B in marketplace volume) and is led by our CEO, Robert Hayes (former COO at TaskUs, publicly traded company with 20k+ employees).
Since its formation, Athena has quickly constructed a roster of incredible clients — CEO, founders, investors, and executives from early stage startups to Fortune 100 companies including Airbnb, Meta, Uber, and more. Our roster even includes an NBA GM, a US Governor, and World Series Poker champion!
Athena is now at a crucial inflection point. With a small and mighty sales & onboarding team, we’ve scaled revenue ~7x in the past year (from ~$3M to ~$20MM in ARR) despite prioritizing quality over growth and almost zero dollars spent on marketing.
Athena’s sales & onboarding team is now looking for an Account Executive, who is eager to elevate our sales engine and close + onboard 100s of more exceptional clients as we look to scale from $20MM ARR to $200MM ARR and beyond!
- Drive revenue for Athena by owning the entire sales and onboarding cycle
- Guide and own the client relationship in the first 60 days, from closing deals to onboarding (video calls and emails). Then thoughtfully handoff to Customer Success team to ensure success for client, EA, and Customer Success team.
- Use a consultative selling approach: Uncover pain points and help prospects realize Athena’s value through conversational discovery calls & tailored calls.
- Be data-driven: Track your sales activity and monthly revenue forecasting in our CRM.
Metrics You’ll Own & Optimize
- # of Clients closed
- $ Revenue per month
- Close rate: If a client is a good fit, how often do we close them?
- Launch ratio: % of clients who sign up and make X+ monthly payments (affected by setting clients up for success in the onboarding process).
- Average sales cycle (X days): Running a tight ship to capitalize on buying intent momentum, and minimizing time that clients are waiting for us.
- 3+ years of exceptional performance in a sales role or other client-facing roles such as Customer Success, Account Management, Management Consulting, or Business Development
- A passion for customers and a laser focus on providing customer value
- Ability to build strong and trusting customer relationships and manage customer expectations in tricky situations
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for our mission: to help people maximize their most precious resource, their time + create 10,000+ meaningful jobs in the Philippines in the decade ahead.