Billing and Revenue Analyst
There are your typical billing & revenue analyst jobs where you’re just a cog in a wheel that you don’t understand. You have a hand in just a sliver of the order-to-cash process so you don’t end up really learning the process and you don’t have any levers to pull to drive improvements.
Well, this isn’t your typical billing & revenue analyst job! At Expel, you’ll have a key role in the order-to-cash process, not only in execution of the process but also continuously molding and shaping the process to become even better as our company grows and matures. We’re passionate about building things the right way, solving complex problems, and working with other like-minded colleagues! We use a SaaS-centric accounting system that’s integrated with both sales and invoicing/collections applications, so you do less tedious and manual work but tackle more challenging problems that provide the kind of experience needed to grow in your career. We’re on the lookout for someone who is constantly striving to improve the status quo when it comes to all things order processing, invoicing, and collections.
What Expel can do for you
- Provide firm footing on day 1 so you can start moving forward immediately
- Introduce you to colleagues who are eager to hear your insights and recommendations
- Provide opportunities to shine as you refine, refactor, and scale our order-to-cash process
- Ensure you get the support, mentoring, and feedback that you need to be successful
- Develop your understanding of the cybersecurity market and its macro environment
What you can do for Expel
- Take ownership of all things order processing, invoicing, and collections
- Operate and improve systems/applications around the order-to-cash process with an eye towards automation and finding creative solutions to business challenges
- Collaborate with various internal teams (Sales, Legal, Customer Success, etc.) to drive improvements
- Build relationships with our customers, partners, and internal customers (sales, legal, customer success, IT, etc.)
- Contribute to the accounting close process, including preparation of account reconciliations and A/R aging analysis
- Support our annual financial audit
What you should bring with you
- A strong service mentality to drive internal customer joy
- Ability to translate technical jargon into understandable concepts for all audiences
- Ability to quickly learn modern tools like Sage Intacct, Salesforce, and Invoiced
- Detailed, hands-on, and comfortable working independently
- A collaborative mentality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to collaborate across organizational lines
- 1-3 years of experience in order processing, billing, and/or accounting
- Degree in accounting, finance, or equivalent
*While our headquarters are located in Herndon, VA, we are open to those based remotely who can make periodic trips to the office.*
The base salary range for this role is between $57,100 USD and $82,800 USD + bonus eligible and equity.
We believe in paying transparently and equitably. Your salary will ultimately be based on factors such as your experience, skills, team equity, and market data. You’ll also be eligible for unlimited PTO (which we model and encourage), work location flexibility, up to 24 weeks of parental leave, and really excellent health benefits.
We’re an Equal Opportunity Employer: You’ll receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
We’ll ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please let us know if you need accommodation of any kind.
We’re only hiring those authorized to work in the United States. We do not currently sponsor immigration visas.
At Expel, we ask our crew to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status because it’s helpful to understand this data at a company level and we expect that customers, partners, and conferences will start asking us to attest to the vaccination status of our people.