Title: Conversion Copywriter
Location: Work from anywhere – Remote
Remote – Work From Anywhere!
Full Time – 40 Hours Per Week
Ever convinced a friend or colleague to buy a WordPress product just by using words? You might be perfect for this role.
We’re looking for an experienced and WordPress-savvy copywriter to help sell our products (and keep existing customers happy!) through persuasive and engaging copy.
You’ll be writing for one of the biggest brands in WordPress. All of our email lists combined total more than 1 million subscribers, and our social audiences total 100K+.
It’s also important you have sufficient WordPress/web development knowledge.
You don’t need to be a coding superstar, but you’ll need to know your way around WP and the types of products we offer.
If you don’t, you will struggle with this role 🙁
This will either scare you or excite you if it’s the latter, keep reading! 😉
You’ll also have the luxury of writing about the amazing tools and plugins that make up our all-in-one WordPress platform. Our products cover everything from site management tools and hosting to WordPress plugins and client billing tools.
So don’t expect any day to be the same; you’ll always be writing about something new.
- Landing page and website copy for new and existing products
- Email copy for announcements, sales, onboarding, and autoresponder sequences
- UX/UI copy for our plugins and WordPress platform
- Advertising copy for social media and search campaigns
- WordPress.org copy for all of our plugin landing pages there
- Regular copy updates across all of our existing content
- Experience copywriting for a brand or service.
- 2+ years experience in a copywriting-related role.
- Experience writing about WordPress/software/tech.
- Proven ability to research and write about technical topics independently.
Whether you gained these skills academically or are self-taught – we would love to hear from you.
- Desirable working conditions as part of a fantastic team
- Up to 35 days paid leave per year.
- Opportunities for paid travel to attend WordCamps and other industry conferences.
- Long service leave with a whopping three months off, and it’s all paid
- Up to 2 months’ payroll bonus based on company growth
- Yearly productivity budget. Buy a new chair or desk, take yourself to WordCamps and develop professionally, grab a gym membership to keep you in good health or do anything that helps you be you!
- Technology budget every three years.
WHAT SHOULD I DO NOW?
Before we can feel confident you can persuade our audience, you first have to persuade
So your first task is simple, write a copywriting sales letter (around 300-500 words), selling us why you are the right person for this position.
Write this as you would any other piece of persuasive content, and show us you have REAL copywriting chops.
Also, send us a copy of your CV, along with a description of your experience in writing killer copy and links to examples of your work.
Note: we are unable to consider applications which fail to demonstrate a high level of written communication and proven track record.