Location: United States – Remote
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk’s CISO Joel Fulton says “strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way — the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents.”
* Chef’s co-founder Adam Jacob says “strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need.”
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strong DM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
In this role you’ll get to…
Work with the General Counsel to develop a 2022 plan supporting company business objectives including year over year growth goals by end of Q3, 2022. Take the lead on improving the current contract lifecycle process to enhance support for the sales and customer success teams as well as management of new deals and renewals by end of Q3, 2022. Be part of a scaling technology start-up – it’s not always pretty, but it’s never boring! You’ll need to learn the business model and become familiar with the industry in the first 60 days. Assist the General Counsel with contract review, proofing, redline generation, and execution including organization and maintenance of records in the contract management system, coordinating execution of fully negotiated contracts, and helping audit current customer contracts. Support management of the company’s growing intellectual property portfolio and critical governance documents. Assist the General Counsel and HR teams in identifying critical legal matters pertaining to employment law. Establish yourself as a resource to our cross functional Finance & Operations, Human Resources, Customer Success, Engineering, Marketing and Sales teams helping to drive forward growth goals and strengthen the department’s position as a partner to the business by the end of Q4, 2022. Be challenged every day and help solve business and legal problems.
REQUIREMENTS: If you can accomplish the above, you’re the Corporate Paralegal and Senior Contracts Manager we are looking for! You’ll need:
- A bachelor’s degree and 4-5 years experience in corporate law, preferably in-house, and bonus points for time at a high growth start up.
- You are intellectually curious, and understand the value of high integrity and self awareness.
- You’re hungry and understand the startup grind. You are persistent (but not too pushy), can maintain consistent levels of high productivity, and are a glass-3/4s-full type of person.
- Experience using G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets, etc).
- 140k + equity salary packages
Company sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401K, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability coverage, life insurance
- 6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays + paid parental leave
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required