Customer Remediation & Risk Support Professional Consumer & Business Banking
- Remote, OH
- Remote, United States
- time type Full time
- job requisition id 2022-0015716
At U.S. Bank, we’re passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country’s most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
Provides risk related oversight for non-real estate loan and line of credit default management. Assists and consults to establish and maintain appropriate policies and controls to support business objectives yet maintain acceptable risk tolerances and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Engage on quarterly operational and compliance risk assessments to understand and provide input and credible challenge for inherent risk ratings as well as control environment risk ratings. As needed assist with identification of controls that should be added to or edited within the risk assessments.
- Provide audit support by coordinating the collection of evidence for audit requests and assisting the business line in providing responses that meet the needs of auditors.
- Provide audit support through consultation with both the supported business lines and audits on audit findings to determine risk exposure and credible challenge for what findings become issues. Assist with providing management responses for corrective actions to be taken that will adequately address identified exposures to risk.
- Monitor the status of audits and exams to be able to provide progress updates as needed to management within CBSS Risk.
- Assist with self-identified issue vetting to ensure current concerns are either properly identified and documented as issue or are confirmed not to be issues with adequate documentation and explanation as to why they are not issues.
- For issues from all sources (1st / 2nd / 3rd lines of defense, external auditors, regulatory oversight bodies) coordinate with the business line to ensure resolution plans are properly designed to address all aspects of management responses that were provided to ensure corrective actions implemented adequately mitigate risks.
- Monitor the progress of corrective actions for open issues to ensure the actions taken properly address identified risks and are demonstrated to be sustainable. Provide credible challenge and escalation as needed to ensure the corrective actions are modified as needed or to ensure open issues stay on track for their target closure dates.
- Assist with preparation of written memos and supporting documentation to ensure all documentation necessary to describe and evidence business line management’s assertion that issues have been resolved are adequate.
- Monitor Business Change Inventory and Business Change Risk Assessment records submitted through the bank’s eGRC system (Archer) to ensure supported business lines are complying with the bank’s Product Risk Management (PRISM) Policy.
- Stay informed of activities in the supported business line to ensure the CBSS Risk function maintains awareness of current and emerging risks that could lead to the need to the need to self-identify new issues for resolution.
- Perform other duties as needed including but not limited to process walkthroughs, risk and controls assessments, and coordination with other risk teams in the 1st and 2nd lines of defense.
Partners with Senior to Executive Leaders in their assigned Line of Business, Risk/Compliance/Audit (RCA) Consultants, RCA Managers and other Senior RCA Managers to, depending on the function, oversee the successful creation, implementation, and maintenance of an effective risk management framework. Accountable for projects and/or activities that ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Identifies gaps and drives solutions that minimize losses resulting from inadequate internal processes, systems or human errors. Accountable for the active identification, response and/or escalation of risks as appropriate. Influences policies and procedures to maximize profit potential and minimize regulatory exposure. Accountable for an effective partnership between the Line of Business and the Lines of Defense.
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent work experience
- Seven or more years of applicable experience
- Strong understanding of consumer default management processes
- Familiarity with either Archer or other similar eGRC systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Visio
- Considerable knowledge of applicable laws, regulations, financial services, and regulatory trends that impact their assigned line of business
- Considerable understanding of the business line’s operations, products/services, systems, and associated risks/controls
- Considerable knowledge of Risk/Compliance/Audit competencies
- Strong process facilitation, project management, and analytical skills
- Must possess business acumen and credibility to help business line(s) proactively identify and address changing workforce needs
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient computer navigation skills using a variety of software packages, including Microsoft Office applications and word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and presentations
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Salary range reflected is an estimate of base pay and is for the primary location. Base pay range may vary if an offer is made for work in a different location. Pay Range: $88,910.00 $104,600.00 $115,060.00
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for an accommodation or exemption upon hire.
U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.