Global Compensation Analyst
REMOTE, UNITED STATES
G&A – PEOPLE OPERATIONS
Come grow your career in Compensation! Yelp is looking for a Global Compensation Analyst to join our People Operations Team!
You will be a thought partner in developing and improving our compensation structure. You are a go-getter who is happy to ask questions and has the initiative to find answers. This is not a role where you’re sitting behind the scenes crunching numbers (although there is some of that, so you should love data and be an excel wiz).
Most of all, we want you to help influence in a way that makes sense and really sells the Yelp compensation story. This is your opportunity to make your opinion count and continue to learn as you grow your compensation career on a fantastic team!
This is a full-time remote position based in the United States.
Where You Come In:
- Consult, advise & train People Partners, Recruiters, and multi-level Business Leaders in all things compensation
- Act as a key player in our compensation programs (merit, stock, promotions, & bonus administration) with ownership over select departments and/or organizations
- Be a thought partner to our Compensation Team Members on various ongoing projects including but not limited to quarterly compensation cycle, program competitiveness, salary ranges, and market trends
- Develop tools to help model, interpret, and analyze external data
- Maintain the career framework through the job evaluation process, ensuring that positions are evaluated against the established set of criteria and are leveled consistently across the organization, and partner on the warehousing of job descriptions
- Make compensation recommendations and resolve compensation issues using a data-driven approach
- Maintain and apply knowledge related to compliance and government regulations regarding pay, including the FLSA statute
- Review salary survey participation data including audits, validation, benchmarking reviews, and making recommendations
- Partner with our People Analytics, People Operations, and Finance teams to gather information and help tell our story with numbers
- Assist in developing compensation plans, policies/practices, and documentation
What it Takes to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of relevant Compensation experience
- Workday Advanced Compensation experience required
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation preferred
- Experience with salary survey participation including data audits, validation, benchmarking, and recommending additional compensation data sources
- Advanced knowledge of Excel (e.g. working knowledge or ability to learn: vlookups, nested functions, pivot tables, charts/graphs, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large amounts of information, discern patterns, compare results to legislation, past practice, compliance with policy, internal equity, and make appropriate recommendations
- HR/Compensation experience sufficient to frame and ask the “right questions” as part of the discovery and leadership process
- Ability or experience in providing training or conducting conversations that impart compensation knowledge
- Ability to build relationships with demonstrating a record of timeliness, trust, and integrity
- A passion for analytics and problem solving
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a team, conduct research, formulate conclusions, and present conclusions or solutions to business issues
What You’ll Get:
- Effective your first day: Full medical, vision, and dental (100% paid employee only coverage)
- 15 days PTO (accrual begins on date of hire and increases with 2+ years of tenure thereafter), 7 paid wellness days, 12 paid holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Up to 14 weeks of parental leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Health Savings, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care accounts
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Compensation range is $74,500 – $126,000 annually. You may also be offered a bonus and benefits
- Vaccination against COVID-19 is not required for this role. We nonetheless encourage all employees to get vaccinated. Employees who are not vaccinated may not visit Yelp’s offices or participate in any in-person work activities, and are not eligible to transfer or be promoted to a role that requires vaccination.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education — and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
Actual salary offered may vary based on multiple factors, including but not limited to, an individual’s location and experience.
We will consider for employment qualified candidates with arrest and conviction records, consistent with applicable law (including, for example, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance for roles based in San Francisco).
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.