The IOM Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific (ROAP) in Bangkok, Thailand covering 40 countries across the Asia and Pacific region; https://www.iom.int/asia-and-pacific. The key responsibility of the ROAP is to formulate regional strategies, processes and programmes in line with the overall priorities and policies of the Organization and to provide strategic and programmatic guidance and support to countries within its region.
As part of the Regional Policy and Liaison Unit, the incumbent will maintain regular contact with international, governmental and non-governmental partners, and contribute to regular national and regional migration dialogue and policy development in the region, in the context of IOM’s Strategic Vision, Migration Governance Framework (MiGOF), the Global Compact for Safe, Orderly, and Regular Migration (GCM) and IOM’s roles on the UN Migration Network at regional and country levels, and the Agenda 2030 for Sustainable Development and other key global and regional frameworks relevant to migration. This includes particularly supporting the stakeholder engagement for the Regional UN Network for Migration in Asia and the Pacific.
Under the direct supervision of the Senior Regional Policy and Liaison Officer (SRPLO) and in close coordination with the Regional Policy and Liaison Officer (RPLO) the intern will support the Regional Policy and Liaison Unit for smooth implementation of the day-to-day activities.
The successful candidate will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation, follow up and review of the Global Compact for Migration and Regional Network for Migration in Asia and Pacific core and thematic workstreams in accordance with the Regional Workplan.
- Support the Unit’s development and maintenance of knowledge management platforms, including stakeholder database for the Regional Network for Migration in Asia and Pacific and internal Policy and Liaison Unit databases.
- Undertake and support the development of information and briefing materials, presentations, compilation of good practices, concept notes and reports by researching on issues and topics as assigned.
- Assist in planning and organization of meetings, seminars, and workshops, including the preparation of background papers, presentations, tracking, and note-taking as required.
- Assist in coordinating with internal and external stakeholder including Country Offices, UN agencies and other international organizations, Civil Society Organizations, academia, private sector, trade unions, media, faith based organizations, parliamentarians and others
- Support the Unit’s coordination with Inter-state coordination mechanisms (ISCMs) including with ASEAN Secretariat and relevant bodies
- Provide administrative support as required.
- Perform all other duties as may be assigned.
Eligibility and Selection
The Internship Programme aims at attracting talented students and graduates who have a specific interest in, or whose studies have covered, areas relevant to IOM programmes and activities. Interns must be between 20 and 36 years old and should have less than two years of relevant working experience. The Internship Programme is open to candidates of any nationality. **
How to apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via e-mail to ROBangkokHR@iom.int . Please include the reference code ROBKK-CFA 21-094 followed by your full name in the subject line.
Applications should include:
• Cover letter
• Curriculum vitae
• Duly completed IOM Personal History Form
(can be downloaded from http://thailand.iom.int/);
• 1-2 writing samples, optional (relevant topic of your choice).