Location: US Locations Only; 100% Remote
Hum Capital is the funding platform that connects great companies with the right capital. Hum offers companies raising up to $50 million the most efficient, transparent path to growth. Hum’s Intelligent Capital Market uses AI to translate volumes of a company’s financial data into the clearest picture of their value, so they can fundraise with confidence, on the best terms for their business. Investors on Hum’s platform gain investment insights and a personalized deal flow built on company data they can trust. For more information, visit Hum Capital
The company was founded by alumni from Stanford, Draper Fisher Jurvetson (DFJ), OakTree, Foursquare, NASA, Class Dojo, and more. The team has over 75 years of experience on Wall Street and Silicon Valley, and has helped companies raise more than $400 million in capital commitments to date.
About the role:
As Lead Backend Engineer, you will play a lead role in the development of the underlying technology that powers all of Hum’s financial insights and analytics. The products you build will be used by company CEOs/CFOs, investors, and quantitative analysts to make critical capital allocation decisions.
Some of the things you will be doing:
- Craft the best technical solutions to complex problems whose scope span multiple teams and have many interdependencies or ambiguities.
- Make proposals and provide technical guidance across several teams that align with the company’s strategic goals.
- Seek out opportunities for innovation within our product with a willingness to experiment and take on ambitious projects.
- Anticipate and expose technology and organization needs with a long-term (6 months) view.
- Help define and advocate for our internal standards for coding style, maintainability, observability, and best practices.
- Suggest continuous improvements to the way the engineering team works and communicates.
- Help team members grow by teaching, mentoring, and providing advice.
- Work with product owners, engineers, quants, and investors to help shape projects from inception to delivery to customers.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of Software engineering experience with strong computer science fundamentals (BS, MS, PhD, or equivalent).
- Experience building applications on top of AWS and AWS data tools like IAM, Cloud Formation, EC2, S3, Lambda.
- You’ve shipped an end-to-end product and understand how to build high-quality software in a complex, fast-moving startup environment.
- Experience working on -or are interested in learning about and solving- hard financial problems.
- Experience working with technologies like Python, Pandas, DBT, Airflow, or Airbyte is a plus.
You must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder to be considered for this role.
Location: US Locations Only